Salmon pink "burrowing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salmon pink "burrowing"

Hi i know most terestrials will burrow to some extent but out of 3 salmon pink slings i have
    1 seems to full on burrow ,like proper underground type thing? i wonderd if this is sometimes normal or what as the other 2 i got all from same place,all housed the same ,all fed same dont do it? or if not am i doing some thing wrong with one of them,humidity,soil,food heat ect same in all 3....
    0.0.1 Aphonopelma Abberans 1cm sling
    0.0.2 Citharischius Crawshayi 2inch+ juv
    0.0.3 Lasiodora parahybana 2+cm slings
    0.0.1 emperor scorpion 5cm ish

Trantulas are strange little things, In all the 15 years i've had my female salmon pink she has never burrowed once. She won't even go in the burrow i made out of a large plant pot.

Comment

I used to have a salmon pink adult and most of the time it was in its burrow.I think usely they do like hanging around in the open though,maybe its just hiding because its a sling and feels vunrable.I ve found that most slings will hide or burrow even p regalis slings will burrow.
      If these words he speaks are true,we're all humanary stew, if we dont pledge allegiance to
      the black widow.nahnahnahnahnah nah nah

Comment

burrowing

It seems to be a personality thing burrowing, Ive got 2 Lasiodora klugi slings. 1 spends all its time out in the open and doesnt even use its artificial hide when I pick its tub up, the other has mined the lower levels to such an extent that its half full tub is now 3/4 full due to the removed substrate from lower levels piling up at the top. It disappears down a hole if I so much as look at it, the only way of viewing it is to look under the tub! Both are healthy, eat well and have shedded recently without problems.
        Maybe its shy?

Comment

personality

well its good reading other folks views & observations,helps me alot,@least i wont think what have i done wrong with this one,after reading most of you have one that acts out of caractor,i read a post about rosies somtimes being defencive & not as thay are ment to be...
          0.0.1 Aphonopelma Abberans 1cm sling
          0.0.2 Citharischius Crawshayi 2inch+ juv
          0.0.3 Lasiodora parahybana 2+cm slings
          0.0.1 emperor scorpion 5cm ish

Comment

Working...
          X