home made hide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home made hide

hi everyone just need some advice. i picked up some nice bark to make a hide with for one of my t's i got it from our local woods. i soaked it in boiling water from the kettle for 10 minuts then nuked it for 5 minuts in the microwave i just want to know if it'll be safe to use in the spiders tank after all that.

Should be ok. Just check for any mould and stick it int microwave for a further five mins to be on the safe side if your not sure.
    Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Personally I don't bother too much with nuking and baking and I've never had any issues. I've not heard of anyone having issues either but I guess it does no harm by trying to sterlise.
      Here's one of mine straight from the woods, even had some moss and fungus on it.
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

cheers for that andrew the wood seemed to be ok just got to wait for the spider to get used to it.

Comment

thats a lovely looking spider pete great photo. i only sterilized to be on the safe side after all you just dont know whats lurking inside. thanks for getting back to me and for the reasurance.

Comment

Working...
          X