Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would of thought....

Hi all
    Well from answering a thread 2 1/2 months ago from kelly murray, who would have guessed what would happen ,after a few visits to see the spiders and a fantastic friendship starting kelly has moved in with me and the spider collection has increased dramatically(51 and counting) and two snakes have also arrived and plans are in motion to breed both spiders and snakes , those of you lucky enough to know Kelly will know what a warm ,loving person she is and i think myself very lucky , so who else on here has met there partner through the world of tarantulas ?

so a BIG thanks BTS

CONGRATULATIONS

From what you say there seems to be lots of breeding going on overthere.

Be carefull of the ones you and Kelly breed, they take ages to mature (males especially sometimes never mature), they are exspensive to keep especially in large breeding groups, which normally dont go well together, and you can get arrested trying to sell the young for a fair price, and that is after they have pushed all the good stuff out. LOLOL

Good luck with all the animal stuff, now there are another couple who got together through spiders, keep bumping this post up I am sure they will reply in the next month or so LOLOLOL

All the best

Ray

BTW Malvern is no that far away, I was thinking of maybe trying to get a spider group going, I am in Swindon, interested?

Comment

Congrats both.
      spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

cool news

Cool news,getting together via spiders n snakes....! i got six spiders now but still have two more than that in children & its true as said in a post on this thred thay take years to mature....lmao
        ,i was thinking we could put our self out as mature male for breading but then i thought "for letter" that for 50/50 of the young...
        0.0.1 Aphonopelma Abberans 1cm sling
        0.0.2 Citharischius Crawshayi 2inch+ juv
        0.0.3 Lasiodora parahybana 2+cm slings
        0.0.1 emperor scorpion 5cm ish

Comment

Congratulations Kelly and Tim. Hope you're very happy in your home and good luck with the spiders and snakes

Comment

Congratulations

My Collection:

Comment

Congratulations to the both of you, hope you continue to be very happy

Originally posted by Ray Gabriel View Post
              now there are another couple who got together through spiders,
              There's Elaine and myself for one couple, first a telephone call about 'avics' years ago, many many telephone hours later and i decide to go and pick up a P miranda she said i could have ... now we're engaged and living in perfect harmony.

*edit*
              Elaine read about collections being combined ........ oh yeah ..... there's a few !!! oooops
              Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 16-07-09, 09:43 AM.
              Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

congrats!
                i've made some fantastic friends through this hobby, and that's good enough for me!
                Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

aww thats lovely

We didn't meet each other through the BTS website but we met over the internet. met up one afternoon and we were inseparable. And Matt was over the moon to find a lass who liked inverts n reptiles.

3 years and a daughter later we are still going strong.

Comment

Congratulations to you both.

I met my wife long before i collected Ts, but they did have an instant improvement to my relationship. My Mother in law has not set foot in our house for 15 years. Heaven!!!

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
                      Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

We are after all a society - a society is made up of friends and like minded people!

So it stands to reason that like minded people will meet and get together...

which is fantastic - congrats to you both.

Mark

------------------------------------------------------
                        Serious Ink tattoo studio -
                        Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members

Comment

My congratulations to you both and good luck for all the breeding projects

Originally posted by chris carter View Post

I met my wife long before i collected Ts, but they did have an instant improvement to my relationship. My Mother in law has not set foot in our house for 15 years. Heaven!!!
                          LMAO!! And people wonder why we keep T's!!
                          www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

Comment

I met my partner through 't's. Funny story actually. I was sat in my local, chatting, telling a friend that i had a couple of leopard gecko's but all my life i'd wanted a mexican red knee. Amongst the hustle and bustle i heard a female voice behind me telling someone she had 3 red knee spiderlings at home. At which point i turned round (loaded with alcohol) and questioned her, calling her a lier and that she'd over heard my conversation and used it has an excuse to talk to me!! Self confidence when your drunk and all that. I then insisted she show me. So after she showing me her's and me showing her mine..(pets i mean) we've been together ever since..8 years and counting.

Again, congratulations!!!

Comment

Congratz Tim and Kelly,
                              I think I impressed my girlfriend ( now wife ) when she first came round the house and I said ' keep your boots on the regalis female's escaped' ...

AndyZoo
                              Collection:-
                              Theraphosa blondi 1.0.0
                              Poecilotheria ornata 0.0.1
                              Avicularia versicolour 0.0.1
                              Citharischius crawshayi 0.0.3
                              Brachypelma schroederi 0.0.1
                              Brachypelma smithi 0.0.2
                              Nhandu chromatus 0.0.3
                              Grammastola pulchripes 0.0.1
                              Grammastola spatulata 0.1.0

Comment