X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarantula found in Leeds

Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

I obviously walk in the wrong woods

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
    Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

why does this always happen to people that aren't me???
      at least they didn't squash the poor thing!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

not fair! and as james said lol!

Comment

It appears I'm going running in the woods at the wrong side of Leeds
          Claire Beckett

[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

to be updated lol....new additions

Comment

makes me wonder tho who decided they didnt want it no more so just decided to 'dump it!'

I am surprised it survived ok tho? would have thought it would have been full of illness from parasites!?

Comment

Glad the T didn't meet a horrible end and the people who found it cared enough to rescue it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Simons View Post
                makes me wonder tho who decided they didnt want it no more so just decided to 'dump it!'

I am surprised it survived ok tho? would have thought it would have been full of illness from parasites!?
                Hi Ryan

It may have escaped and there is a distraut owner somewhere, but it probally was dumped. There are people out there who buy a Tarantula to show off to thier mates and lose interest very quicky.
                Luckily rosea are hardy Ts which is why they are an ideal first Tarantula and why this one survived.

Got your glass tanks yet?

Chris

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
                Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Simons View Post

Parasites are incredibly host specific, so I would think that it would be unlikely to have encountered a tarantula parasite in Leeds

The warm weather would have helped its survival chances, and from the video, it looks to be in pretty good nick

My Collection:

Comment

I wish tarantulas could survive in the British climate!!!!
                    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
                    X