Quick breeding question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick breeding question

I have never bred trantulas or never thought of doing so as i have had my female lasiodora parahybana for about 15 years more as a pet than anything else. I have also had 2 Grammostola rosea's and a Avicularia over the years and now i am going to buy a few new additions. What i want to know is there such thing as a too old female tarantula.

I haven't any really old breeding stock so would think when they are too old they just reject the males advances.
    spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

[QUOTE=steven simcock;42315]I have never bred trantulas or never thought of doing so as i have had my female lasiodora parahybana for about 15 years more as a pet than anything else. I have also had 2 Grammostola rosea's and a Avicularia over the years and now i am going to buy a few new additions. What i want to know is there such thing as a too old female tarantula.

I Owned a Parahybana for 13 years she was the picture of health and happiness until i bred her last year it was the third time she had bred she was 19 years old, she laid an eggsac but died one evening about 3 weeks after she laid the eggsac i successfully incubated the eggsac, but i was devestated to lose "Martha". i believe she was probally too old and the energy required to successfully breed finished her off. I will not now breed my other old girls, a third of my Ts are 15-20 years old.

Chris

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
      Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

Working...
      X