Psalmopoeus irminia Spiderling info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psalmopoeus irminia Spiderling info needed

I have been thinking of buying a Psalmopoeus irminia Spiderling but do anyone know the best place to buy one from.This will be my first spiderling to keep as i have always had juvs or adults.

I got mine from www.thespidershop.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by steven simcock View Post
      I have been thinking of buying a Psalmopoeus irminia Spiderling but do anyone know the best place to buy one from.This will be my first spiderling to keep as i have always had juvs or adults.
      One of our members Stuart, has just had an eggsac hatch, he is selling them at £4.50 or 3 for £10,if you cant collect obviously postage will be added. He is not on the web but you can contact him on 07708 331900

Chris

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
      Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, i'l check out the spider shop but as for stuart i would rarther buy and pay online. Delivery would need to be a must unless close to stoke-on-trent staffordshire for pickup.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, i'l check out the spider shop but as for stuart i would rarther buy and pay online. Delivery would need to be a must unless close to stoke-on-trent staffordshire for pickup.

Buying from spidershop is the best option considering the distance from Staffs to Kent. irminia is a great spider and a good choice. I have attached a photo's of my Adult Female.

Good luck with your purchase.

Chris

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	p-ara117-4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	93781[/ATTACH]
          Attached Files

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20

Comment

Ya i'm gonna order one from from the spider shop chris. Do you know if the spider shop send the spider in a container or will i have to have a housing container ready.

Comment

Ya i'm gonna order one from from the spider shop chris. Do you know if the spider shop send the spider in a container or will i have to have a housing container ready.

it will come in a small plasic pot filled with tissue, you will need to supply it a tank it will only require a container about the size of large coffee jar to start with, my arboreals are in custom made tanks 45 x 20 x 20mm, but sweet jars or plastic cereal containers do just as well.

Attached photo of my regalis in her tank to give you an idea of size

ChrisClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	93782

Comment

Cheers chris that info is very helpful, I have built an acrylic arboreal tank and will be putting it in that when its old enough but what i am going to do is put a heat mat on the back of the acrylic tank and put the spiderling container in that as unlike alot of people i don't have a spare room for a spider room so they are in our living room. would that be ok.

Comment

Cheers chris that info is very helpful, I have built an acrylic arboreal tank and will be putting it in that when its old enough but what i am going to do is put a heat mat on the back of the acrylic tank and put the spiderling container in that as unlike alot of people i don't have a spare room for a spider room so they are in our living room. would that be ok.

That will be fine, i forsee a very happy irminia

Comment

Well i've ordered my Psalmopoeus irminia Spiderling from the spider shop so it should be here tuesday. Will this container be right for her or do i need anything else. Ive never kept a spiderling and i don't want to miss anything.

Comment

Hi Steven

The container is fine, feed the spiderling one cricket per week to start with. Like i said i forsee a happy irminia.

Chris

Comment

will they have to be micro crickets or very small normal ones.

Comment

Psalamopeus spiderlings are born quite large in relation to other species, They will readily take size one or even size two crickets.

Comment

Originally posted by chris carter View Post
                            Psalamopeus spiderlings are born quite large in relation to other species, They will readily take size one or even size two crickets.
                            Yep Chris is right mate

Enjoy your new spid i have 3 imirnia's beautiful and fast lol

Comment

Thanks chris and lynn i'm looking forward to my new spider, it will be strange as i have never had an spiderling, Arboreal or a spider that is fast moving like i read about these spiders.

Comment

Working...
                              X