Sad News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News

It seems that these days all I ever do is post up bad news. But Im afraid to tell you all that after a long illness our retired secretary, Anne Webb, passed away recently. Anne,was instrumental in the formation of the BTS and without her unending commitment to the club in the early days we would most certainly not be here today.
    She passed away on 13th June at a local hospice.
    We will be working on a piece for the Journal in the coming months. As you are all aware her husband Frank passed away recently and I am sure they are now reunited and are probably already working on a new club together. On behalf of the BTS Commitee we would like to pass on our deepest condolences to Anne's family.

Ray and Angela
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Sad news indeed Ray,

Anne's book "The proper care of Tarantulas" was the book i read when i joined the hobby it inspired me and my son to increase the number of Ts we owned because the book gave us the knowledge to look after them properly. She inspired me to join the Hobby as she did many others.

She will be missed R.I.P

Invicta will observe a minutes silence at our meet wednesday.

Chris

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
    Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

such sad news, both of us send our condolences xxx
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I am sorry to hear this as Anne was an inspiration to me all those years ago when we had our first spiders, always had time to reassure me.

She was the first person I heard mention a 'spider room' over 20 years ago, I thought whaaat,
        a room full of spiders lol.

She will be sadly missed as is Frank.RIP

Ray I bet they got a 'Heavenly BTS' being set up already.
        spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Its a shame to lose someone who was so instrumental in getting the BTS going. My condolances to Anne's family.
          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

that is really sad news...of course she is in a better place now but she and Frank had such a positive influence on the hobby, we are all poorer without them both...my condolences to her family. RIP i only wish i'd had the privilege of knowing them too
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Sad news indeed.
              I read Anne's book last year and found it a great introduction full of love and care for the subject. It was interesting to note how things have developed since then, how some of the names had changed and how some species seemed no longer frequently available. I had a good read of their retirement article in one of the journals and noted their history for the society.
              Their work will always be cherished, their help is quoted by many, and now they lie together again.
              Rest in Peace and God Bless
              My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Sad to hear that one of the innovators of the hobby has passed away. Condolances to the family.

My Collection:

Comment

Yes sad news, I met Ann Webb a few times at the club meetings in Radlett. Her's was the first book I read on the subject. I will always keep that book and remember her and Frank and their devotion to the hobby.

RIP.

Comment

I know this is a very old thread but I just had to make a comment here.

I have been away from the BTS for some 12yrs or so due to family commitments and seeing this news has saddened me. Although I did not know Ann or Frank well I did have several telephone conversations with them and greatly valued their help and advice. I once spent a most enjoyable day with Ann at the BTS show trying to sell a few spiderlings.

Both Frank and Ann are remembered with fondness.

Comment

Working...
                    X