Grammostola killing spree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grammostola killing spree

Has anyone known their T's especially Grammostola Sp. North to kill for what seems like the hell of it? This has happened on about 3 seperate occasions with this one species, at first i assumed that it was coming up to moult as it showed no interest in the cricket and knowing full well how long Grammostola's can go without food i left it be.

After 3 months of not eating i tried again with a suitable sized cricket and it caught the cricket and 5-6 hours later still had it in its grasp, the next day i found the cricket uneaten and removed it. Is this the spiders way of killing the cricket which was annoying the spider or an underlying problem?

I am going to try the T on some other varieties of food to see how they fare...
    Tarantulas kept:
    0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

My G rosea has done this in the past

Comment

Working...
    X