This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mantis and stick insects

I know these aren't T's but they are my new additions. Sorry about picture quality (the stickies are taken through their jars, my camera isn't great and the mantis kept trying to take on the camera in a one-on-one to the death...). The mantis is a mature female, longer than my middle finger and grumpy. Got the wounds to prove that... The stickies are about as long as half my thumb and are very friendly. The mantis eats crickets and the stickies only need fresh bramble every four-to-eight days. I mist the jars with water once a day and the mantis has a heat pad. Over all they are very easy to keep.

Steven
    Attached Files
    A, abdomen, abstain, ace, advantage, aegis, ajar, aluminium, ambidextrous, angel, angle, ant, aphid, apple, Arachnida, arachnology: an awesome activity!

I`ve got mantids, T`s, Marine Aquarium and cats. I`ve got a Chinese and an African mantid. I agree they are very cool. I`m in search of a better camera, I currently use a budget Canon A340 but has a great macro.

Comment

brilliant pics, i love how obviously the mantis is viewing the camera as a threat! amazing behaviour!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Not wishing to put a damper on an interesting topic, and although the subject matter in this thread is quite stunning .. the main reason for the forum is tarantulas and their kin and we strive to keep it as condensed in this subject as we can.

Sorry to crack the "Moderator whip" lads but them's the rules.
        closed the thread but it will remain unless admin pull rank
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
        X