P.Regalis Question ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope these are ok :

Can i ask how exactly can you tell what kind they are from below...obviously there are diffrent patterns and if so is there a guid to identify or a website or somthing

Comment

Looks like regalis to me!

Comment

Hi, i good and easy way to tell regalis is the cream band under the abdomen, although this can darken with time it should always still be visible, paul

Comment

Hi Yep regalis and the middle pic may be a male.

There will be a key to the Poecilotheria out soon.

P. regalis is the only sp so far with a white band on the underside of the abdomen

Ray

Comment

I'm with Ray G on this one. I have e-mailed you directly Haggis.

Ray Hale
            British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
            The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
            On
            [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Thanks for everyone's replys so it is a P.Regalis after all ...i was wrong Special thanks to ray for personal reply and advice ...back to the drawing board going to try a bigger tank and some new P.Regails so who's selling P.Regails slings ????? Email me at ghamilton@gmail.com or pm me ...

Comment

Hi,

I have one or two regalis, if fact i am photographing a female making an eggsac as i type (well not at the exact same time obviously), see future BTS Journal for the pics.

If all goes to plan i will have regalis, fasciata, formosa, pedersenni and striata of some of various sizes for sale at the BTS Exhibition.

I have been thinking about my earlier idea of the rearing experiment.

I am thinking of 50 people each with a group of 5 spiderlings (supplied by me) so we can record the following data:

Growth rate, sex ratio, do same sex groups all grow at the same time, etc (anyone got any further ideas?)

With 50 people we would also have a good range of temperatures etc so would gather quite alot of valuable info.

All information to be the property of the BTS, the spiders the property of the people rearing them.

I should have spiderlings ready to go in June this year. Will keep every one informed watch this website.

Ray

Comment

you could also follow if any sub-groups are created, and if so by what crateria - size or sex.

Or,

In nature their are a lot of examples of conflicts between commitment to self preservation to, commitment to group protection. I don't know how the group social life is with T's but it could be interesting to follow upon. Say, if you notice that when adding a preditor (I.E. a picture of a bird of pry/wasp/snake) does the group dinamic change - do they have a so called sentry, or does the inner conflict of the group increase - hence, the biggest drives the smallest out of hiding, so his presents is less likly to be found (protection in numbers or protection in solitude).

Comment

Originally posted by angelarachnid

I have one or two regalis,

Comment

Hi All

>you could also follow if any sub-groups are created, and if so by what >crateria - size or sex.

Yep good point

>Or,

>In nature their are a lot of examples of conflicts between commitment to >self preservation to, commitment to group protection. I don't know how >the group social life is with T's but it could be interesting to follow upon. >Say, if you notice that when adding a preditor (I.E. a picture of a bird of >pry/wasp/snake) does the group dinamic change - do they have a so >called sentry, or does the inner conflict of the group increase - hence, >the biggest drives the smallest out of hiding, so his presents is less likly >to be found (protection in numbers or protection in solitude).

Or a pinned specimen of a large Pepsis wasp,

As these specimens would be Nth generation of captive bred, would they still show any defensive behavior??

if the grops (mixed sex) were kept together after adult would the female kill all others after mating or eggsac production, or would the last ones in the group remain alive for the next male to mature for another mating?

Thanks for your ideas

Leon i wonder what you mean??? LOLOL

When the spiderlings are ready to go out, i will start up a new thread, see how many UK volunteers we can get.

Ray

Comment

Ray I want formosa's if u r successful. I have a 3.5" sling its gorgeous!

Comment

Hi Layla,

Drop me an email closer to the Exhibition andreserve one/some then.

So far formosa seem to be the most social of the pokes i am rearing, so would do well in a group

Ray

Comment

will do and i hadnt thought about keepin them communually

Comment

Working...
                            X