Avicularia versicolor Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avicularia versicolor Food

I have just brought a Avicularia versicolor spiderling from the spider shop and what i want to know is can i feed it 1's crickets.

Yes you can ...they will also take size 2 not a problem. I get my crix from livefoods.co.uk if you are going by their sizes

Comment

Cheers lynn i'm new to slings and i've been feeding my
      Psalmopoeus irminia i had last week size 1 crickets even though the first day i had it it took down a size 4 no probs but i did not know if my new versi could do the same would eat size ones. This new versi sling has not stopped webbing the tube since i put it in this morning its very nice looking.
      Last edited by steven simcock; 04-08-09, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Cool, nice species. I saw a juvenile Versicolor at the Spider Shop stand at the BTS show in May. It was probably one of the most stunning spiders I saw that day!

Comment

No probs Steven

they truly are one of my favourites! everyone should have a versi hehe

Comment

Here it is and i'll call it turbo as i went to put the lid back on after taking this photo it ran up the side of the pot and run up my arm in a matter of seconds and did not want to go back in.

Comment

awww lovely mate just clicked your from our club MISC right lol

Comment

Sure am lynn. with this a spiderling i read it needs 75 to 80% humidity. Would i sort this by using a syringe and dropping water on the subtrate every few days or so.
                Last edited by steven simcock; 04-08-09, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Also is it not possible to feed your spiderling fly's etc...?

Forgive me as I have had 10 years away from the hobby and have not owned a spiderling for a long time. But I remember in the summer months I used to catch insects in my garden to feed my spiderlings and always fed my arborials winged insects which is very amusing to watch them chase it around in their enclosure.

Comment

@steven: the key to keeping a versi alive is VENTILATION and not just humidity. Of course, you need to keep the substrate moist and humidity relatively higher but without good ventilation, your versi sling will have more than 50% chance of dying. From the look of the pic, I think you can run into trouble. You need more holes, especially on the side of the vial. You may lucky and get a hardy sling but from my experience, simply using a vial with holes on the lid often ends up in disaster.
                    Last edited by Tung Nguyen; 19-08-09, 08:53 PM. Reason: "usually" is too strong a word
                    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/testdasi

Comment

At the time i did not think about putting holes on the side but i have them all round the side close to the subtrate.

Comment

Working...
                      X