X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smithi Solution?

Hello folks! Some nice aliteration in the subject tittle
    Here to ask some advise.

Okey, so my smithi recently was re-housed to a better tank we stumbled across. It's a fairly standard looking tank perhaps with a little more height then normal tanks but otherwise ....nothing out of the ordinary.

When he/she was put in, it seemed to settle right in and for at least a week spend it's time quite happy on the ground and inside it's hide.

However last few day's it's spent it's time in the top corner of the tank - quite a sudden change.

I've taken a photo for you all so you can see the setup and perhaps suggest something but i'm not entirely sure if there's anything wrong or not *shrug*

Thanks very much, Michael

could be that the new substrate is a bit more moist theb the old. just let it dry-out and give the spider some time to get to know the new tank.

cheers
    Eddy

Comment

I bet its a humidity thing too, my smithi was the same when i housed it and did'nt nuke the substrate in the oven. It'll dry out in the next few days or u could take ya smithi out and dry the substrate out with a fan for a day?
      If these words he speaks are true,we're all humanary stew, if we dont pledge allegiance to
      the black widow.nahnahnahnahnah nah nah

Comment

Weird thing was it was the same substrate but just to be 100% annoying the smithi has no decided it doesnt mind it's new home...it appear's it has played a pratical joke on me.

Tarantula's with humour apparently xD
        Thanks for the replies

Mike

Comment

Hi Mick

do you still want the skin sexed? if so i'll bring the Microscope to this months meeting.

Regards chris

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
          Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

Working...
          X