Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introductions

Hi All i,m Steve
    I,m new to the society as well as the forum my collection currently consists of a P Regalis spiderling ( I jumped in with both feet ) who has took up residence inside a hollow log ornament within it's enclosure, and presently happily co-habitating with his food ( 2 small crickets ). Is this normal or have I got the only vegitarian tarantula in captivity or could it be on the verge of moulting .
    I would like to expand my meagre collection with guidance as I have discovered The Spidershop and there is so much choice a newby could spend a fortune.
    I would be grateful for any advice. My collection has just increased by 2 Emperor scorplings and a Singapore blue (Lampropelma sp " Violaceopes") looking forward to to chatting to you all and to gain new friends and experience within this fascinating hobby
    Steve
    Last edited by Steven T Smiles; 29-08-09, 04:44 PM.

Hi mate and welcome to the BTS!! I like to remove uneaten items especially if you can't tell whether the tarantula is coming up to a moult. As you may already know, crickets can and do eat tarantulas when they are vulnerable - I lost a valuable spiderling once through forgetting a had a cricket with it .

Your tarantula will not starve - they can go a long time without eating. I would remove the crickets and give your tarantula a week and try again. Make sure the cricket is small enough for the tarantula to tackle. If it still does not eat just repeat until it does.

The hobby does tend to be addictive - be careful
    Blog - Australian Tarantulas: http://ecopathsim.blogspot.com/

Comment

HI Charles thanks for the valuable advise it's gratefully appreciated as you may gather I am a complete novice, but I totally agree with you about the hobby being totally addictive, I am already looking for my next spider. Do you think spiderlings a wise choice to start with as I have found the following available Pamphobetus. sp Purple Starburst, Euathlus sp "blue" Pichiidangul blue beauty and Thrigmopoeus Truculentus Goa Purple. Any guidance you would care to give would be appreciated.
      Great to meet you Steve.

Comment

Working...
      X