Molting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molting problem

My adult female O. Aureotibialis is on her back moulting and i think she is having problems.

The carapace and the abdomen of the old skin have split but the area of the carapace around the chelicerae has not split and she is just laid there doing nothing.

I am wondering what my best course of action would be in this situation as i have been through alot with her and don't fancy losing her after all the hard work and worry i have put in to her.
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

I'm no expert in this Matt but from what I've learnt give her time and make sure she has plenty of water on hand. See in the morning how she is, she might have got her legs out first. If you still have a problem you could help her by removing the shed bits, but this could stress her more. The best way is to supply her with water and let her do the rest.
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

She was really old so i suspect her time had come and she eventually gave up the ghost and died.
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Very sorry to hear your news - no matter how many T's we have this part of the story is never very nice and we do have very special friends along the way and it sounds like this was one of them.
        So how do you know your tarantula is British?

Comment

Working...
        X