Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Tarantula keepers records

Hello all,
    I am a beginner tarantula hobbyist. Currently, I have 2 slings and hope to expand the collection soon. I am also an academician by training. I enjoy applying science to all aspects of my life and tarantula keeping is not excluded. I am looking for reliable keepers' records for particularly two species (G. Pulchra and B. Vagans). Is there a library/database in that keeper's records are stored. By keepers record, I mean molting times, feeding times, living conditions etc.
    I would like to review these records and provide evident based care to my tarantulas.
    I would highly appreciate if you can help me with this. any comments is welcome...

Thank you.

Regards,

LOL! Why looking for physical records when you have the best records around i.e. other keepers' experience?

In any case, what size are your G pulchra and B vagans?
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/testdasi

Comment

Well, I know that there are many experienced keepers who are willing to share their knowledge in this forum. Their experience is very valuable and I have benefited them a lot. However,as I said in the original forum, I am looking for data I think data is also important to make generalizations. I think both the data and case based experiences are needed.

Comment

You are in the best place to find the info you need.

Now , with my membership drive head on. Why not join the BTS and you can access over 20 back issues of the BTS Journal. Its all in there.

Hope this helps.

Ray
        British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
        The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
        On
        [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

I will be a member as soon as I graduate.

Comment

it's only £15 a year mate and you get shiny journals not to mention access to the member section on here

personally i am rubbish for keeping records of things...tend to go more by feel.
            i know there are some that keep pretty extensive records, however, approaching the hobby like you do.
            it's much better, really, as notes and records can be published for everyone's benefit...but i just don't have the self discipline.

anyways welcome and hope you get all the info you are looking for...and if not exactly what you're looking for, perhaps you can create it yourself?
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
            X