any reasonable way to get burrowers to be visible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any reasonable way to get burrowers to be visible

I am wondering if there is a way to set up your enclosure so that a burrowing T will be able to be seen. I have 2 Ts: G. Pulchra and B. Vagans. Is there a way to set up your tank so that they have a hide, but aren't constantly invisible?
    I am concerned about the health of my Ts. Please dont suggest any method that may make my T stressed out. And also please note that, I am a beginner T. keeper.

Thank you...

burrowers

Hi i am also newish to keeping Ts,what i found with my crawshayi "baboons" is that when there heding to a moult thay get underground for a month or so n dont feed,then after the month there up n out lots and feeding all the time,funny but i found more substrate and lots of hiding places makes them seem less botherd about being uptop on the soil...thay sealed there selves in there two tubs n dint come out or eat for a month but shed last week and are now always out soon as its dusk...i can see them through the sides when there underground some times..
    0.0.1 Aphonopelma Abberans 1cm sling
    0.0.2 Citharischius Crawshayi 2inch+ juv
    0.0.3 Lasiodora parahybana 2+cm slings
    0.0.1 emperor scorpion 5cm ish

Comment

If you mean being able to observe them in their burrow you can start a burrow off for them down one side of the tank and hopefully they'll adopt it and make it their own. You'll find they'll burrow to the bottom of their tank and you should be able to keep an eye on them. To make them more settled you can put a bit of a bin liner over the "window" you can see them through and when you want to check on them just peel it back. If you mean how do you stop them burrowing so you always see them out...tough, lol!

Hope that helps
      Craig
      Last edited by Craig Mackay; 25-08-09, 05:51 PM.
      www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by Mustafa Ozkaynak View Post
        I am wondering if there is a way to set up your enclosure so that a burrowing T will be able to be seen. ...
        WARNING: INCOMING, UNABASHED, SELF-SERVING, SALES PITCH!

Visit http://www.ucalgary.ca/~schultz/stansrant.html.

Then, The Tarantula Keeper's Guide, Third Edition (http://www.ucalgary.ca/~schultz/g3.html) has an extensive section on caging burrowers.

END SALES PITCH!

Sorry, but you asked.
        The Tarantula Whisperer!
        Stan Schultz
        Co-author, the TARANTULA KEEPER'S GUIDE
        Private messaging is turned OFF!
        Please E-mail me directly at schultz@ucalgary.ca

Comment

Working...
        X