Just A quick introduction from a noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just A quick introduction from a noob

Hi all, I am a noob to the society, and I must say it makes interesting reading.

I have a lovely 3" Grammostola Spatulata which the wife's father gave us as a prezzie when she moved in with me. she was around 3 years old then and I have had her for 9 years so she must be around 12 years old!

I had 5 Salmon pink (Lassiadora parahybana) which I bought as spiderlings, 4 died for no real reason and one made it to about 5" but then shed without having grown an exoskeleton! just the old skin in the usual moult position and mush in the substrate.

I have just rescued three T's which I will need help identifying, one I am sure is a G.Rosea. Another I think is a G.pulchra and I don't have a clue what the mature male is. I will stick some picks up when I get the chance.

I hope to learn lots, and hopefully help out where I can. But i'm always ready to be proven wrong!

TTFN

Iain
    "I am never wrong! Only ever in a position to learn something new!"

That moult without having grown a new exoskeleton, is that a recognized problem? Is there somewhat in the the literature about that?

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

something, rather

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I really didn't research very well at all, but I found nothing about a spider just going to mush when moulting.
        That's what it looked like to me.
        It was a stunning tarantula as anyone who has had a salmon pink would say, it was a good eater with a very healthy appetite, and it grew to 5" in about 18months (from memory). it did disappear as a spiderling for three months then reappeared twice as big! I guess it must have buried itself until it was big enough to feel confident in the open.
        "I am never wrong! Only ever in a position to learn something new!"

Comment

Welcome to the forum Iain
          My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Hi Iain, welcome to the forum, sounds like you've had some strange problems going on there,

Comment

Working...
            X