Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.D. these T's

The first I think is a Chile rose Gramistola rosea approx 7" legspan

The scond is a female I think. She has just shed and I include a pic of what I think is the spermathecae, I think that is the term. the spider is about 8" legspan. could be acathoscurria chacoana???

The third is a mature male and doesn't quite look as grey as the pics would suggest, he has around 6" legspan. He is definately from the americas as he kick hairs whenever approached. Possibly thrixopelma puriens but that's just by looking trough the galleries on here. I wll try to get some more pics up when the T's are willing.

Any help in identiying these rescuees would be a great help.

I have rescued them as they were needing re-housed. Their tanks stink and have quite a few uneaten dead crickets lying around them.

I have only re-housed the male before these pics were taken.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Iain Condy; 30-08-09, 12:40 AM.
    "I am never wrong! Only ever in a position to learn something new!"

hard to ID from pics...but i think the first is a pretty safe assumption: G rosea NCF/porteri.
    2nd looks a bit like G pulchripes (ex aureostriata) to me
    the male...could be alot of things lol
    had a vague thought it was G pulchra but hard to say
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I agree with the male as G.Pulchra. Not so sure about the large female tho'.
      I am looking at pics of spermathecae to try and id her that way! is this a valid option?

Comment

The 2nd picture looks very much like Euathlus pulcherrimaklassi to me. I have this species which came from thespidershop but looks more like yours than the images he has on his site:
        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
          The 2nd picture looks very much like Euathlus pulcherrimaklassi to me. I have this species which came from thespidershop but looks more like yours than the images he has on his site:
          http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/insec...oducts_id=1406
          Thanks for the reply but not any where near as red as my female, and she has no blue. the pic on the galleries on this site don't look like her either.

I am still searching through pics of spermathecae here's a pic of my females recent shed.
          Attached Files

Comment

i've compared that 2nd pic to one on arachnofreaks.com, there is a pic of aureostriata's spermathecae on there, and it doesn't look the same.
            hmm, cause it does look like it to me still. worth looking through the galleries i guess...
            loads of stripey knee spiders! but the pinkish hairs, if the colour is right, plus the golden knees, made it look pulchripes to me...
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

could be a Lasiodora actually...hmmm! confusing good luck!
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
                Cheers mate, roflmao

I feel certain that I'll get to the bottom of this eventually.
                She has no golden knees. I don't know if the horns of her spermathecae being inside the clear flap(sorry I don't know the correct terminology) means that she is a juvenile? but having gone right through the Tarantula store gallery I haven't found a match yet!

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
                  To ME!

You got it James

She's either L.Klugi or L.parahybana,and the wife's named her "Gerty" Go figure
                  Last edited by Iain Condy; 03-09-09, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X