Devastated is not the word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devastated is not the word

Just a note to tell those of you who know me that last Saturday my wonderfull T.blondi girl Seven died without warning really she seemed a bit slugish and not herself on the friday afternoon and by saturday morning she was dead, My Ts are more than a collection to me now that I am disabled with this bl--dy leg they are a wonderfull part of my life and I was not prepared for the devastation that overwhemed me. and I was inconsoleable for the weekend and even now can,t bring myself to empty out her home. Eight leggedfriek sorry but you will not be getting your sling from me after all. On top of that my other huge girl blondi that was, has moulted out into a male, there must be too much testosterone in the air at the moment or something that my smithi my vagans my albopilosom, and my thrixopelma all brought as females now males but thats the way it goes I suppose. Next on my list a good microscope I hope to learn how to sex the moults and maybe I will not be so dissapionted when they turn out to be something other than what I brought them as.
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

So sorry for your news - they do bring us such joy thus consequently quite a blow later. Thinking of you and Seven throughout the day.
    So how do you know your tarantula is British?

Comment

Thank you Thomas thats very kind of you,
      Last edited by Yvonne Woolley; 03-09-09, 01:06 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you.

Comment

Thank you so much Craig,

Comment

Losing Ts is never easy, especially considering most of the time we don't know why.
            Sorry for your loss but I think you need a new addition to bring some joy back.
            My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Sorry to read about your loss . I was gutted when I lost a sub/adult female P.pulcher not so long ago so I have some idea what you must be feeling . Hope you come to terms with it soon and can think back with fondness about an obviously well loved T .

Comment

Thank you Peter, Yes you may be right I will be going to the Leeds event in October so maybe there will be some thing there, A lovely young man called Richey came over on Sunday to borrow my male curley hair and brought me 2 of his Starburst slings as a thank you for my male But I must admit I have never kept them before, and my collection is by no means complete and I do have several empty vivs awaiting new residents.

Comment

Thank you Matthew

Comment

Hi Yvonne,
                    I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. You have my sympathies. I have recently lost two of my females, both to the ravages of age. Effy my E. murinus and Suzi my H. Lividium have both died, then they were 5 and 4 and a half years old respectively. On the subject of males, what I do is buy slings at 5-6 at a time, mever just one. If you do that you'll be really unlucky not to get a female! I hope things turn around for you soon.
                    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

What a shame, she was an excellent example of the species too.
                      Its unfortunately a bit of a down side to keeping spiders when they die unexpectedly (just suffered a couple myself in fact) i agree with Peter and persuade yourself into another pet.
                      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Sorry to hear that Yvonne, always a terrible thing to find a spider dead.
                        spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Sorry for your loss Yvonne, R.I.P. Seven

Comment

ah that's a shame Yvonne, i am sure she had a good life with you, sadly these things do happen, and i've had my share of random deaths as well.
                            just take comfort in the fact she had a good life!
                            as for males...i also know your pain, it's just how it goes, sexing seems to be difficult sometimes, and sometimes guesses go wrong. on the plus side, males = breeding which is good for everyone. so i encourage you to get your fellows out there in the game!
                            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

sorry for your loss yvonne.
                              "I am never wrong! Only ever in a position to learn something new!"

Comment

Working...
                              X