True or False

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True or False

Most people I know think I`m weird because I keep T`s, especially females but I know I`m generalising (sorry).....but this is funny!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

It is true though! Fear of spiders is passed down the female line. I'll find the book where I read that and post the quote later. No mention of why many blokes are scared too though...

Steven
    A, abdomen, abstain, ace, advantage, aegis, ajar, aluminium, ambidextrous, angel, angle, ant, aphid, apple, Arachnida, arachnology: an awesome activity!

Comment

Sounds good to me.
      From my experience with female friends......and the Mrs........I would say it sounds spot on
      paul

Comment

sorry i think that study sounds really sketchy! how could they possibly base results on that?
        anyways, i know lots of women NOT scared of spiders, and a fair few guys that are irrationally afraid.
        i personally believe it's nurture, NOT nature, since most spiders are harmless.
        usually the fear is based on the look of them walking (like a hand crawling) etc.
        alot of kids are fine with spiders but are told all sorts of nonsense or have brothers scaring them etc etc...and the end result is an adult scared of a tiny creature that in most cases could do hardly any harm.
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Agreed with James.

I must say what a pointless survey they produced aswell ...10 baby boys and 10 baby girls hmmmm *thinks they should concentrate more on fatal childhood illnesses*

Comment

Originally posted by lynn mawdesley View Post
            Agreed with James.

I must say what a pointless survey they produced aswell ...10 baby boys and 10 baby girls hmmmm *thinks they should concentrate more on fatal childhood illnesses*
            i know haha...this is possibly the worst "study" ever lol
            and only in the news cause arachnophobia is always in fashion.
            nevermind the fact that it'll probably be chucked out during peer review (if it didn't already sneak past that phase!)...
            they definitely could be studying more interesting and useful things...
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
            X