Electric tarantulas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric tarantulas

Most of you are going to think i'm insane, but yesterday i discovered something that really surprised me. I am an electrician and have a tool in the shape of a pen which lights up red when put next to a wire or an electrical appliance with voltage going through it, well i ended up needing to coax a few of my T's into containers so i could change their substrate and the nearest thing i had to do so with was my voltage detector pen and sure enough it lit up red, meaning that the spiders must be carrying at least 40 volts within them.
    I'm wondering if anyone has realised that they are carrying this voltage within them ? I'm totally astounded by this !

The human body is essentially a battery, and the body gives off energy so why shouldn't a spider. Then you could go down the route of magnetic fields and polarity.
    Tarantulas kept:
    0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

Yeah thats a good point, only, nobody lights up the pen when i put it near them, my cat doesn't , my snake doesn't and my scorpion doesn't. Anyway that would render the use of the pen un safe to use on electrical equipment.

Comment

Wow! You are the first one saying that. Do you have a camera? A video will be very very interesting.
        My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/testdasi

Comment

static I would have thought

Comment

Static maybe, but, they will almost definitley be earthed by the substrate their sat on, i'm not convinced. Could i have discovered something new to science ? I certainly hope so ! I'll get a video, but how would i up load it onto here ?

Comment

Originally posted by James Freeman View Post
              Static maybe, but, they will almost definitley be earthed by the substrate their sat on, i'm not convinced. Could i have discovered something new to science ? I certainly hope so ! I'll get a video, but how would i up load it onto here ?
              Not too sure about that....glass is an excellent electrical insulator....so is plastic for that matter which is what our spid tanks are normally made out of.
              Could always run an earth wire to the substrate I suppose.....lol
              you could load the video onto you tube or the like and post the link here mate
              paul

Comment

You know sometimes you read things which totally brighten up the day! talking of which have you tried introducing her to a light bulb yet, see if it lights up?B-) brilliant!
                sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
                X