Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exo terra terrariums

Hello everyone,
    I havn't posted in ages. My laptop broke and i have finally been able to afford a new one. I've also decided to renew my spider room and i want all my spider tanks to be the same instead of all different random tubs scattered around. I've decided to buy the exo terra tanks. The 30x30x30 for my terrestrials and the 30x30x45 for my arboreals.
    My question is, does anyone know the cheapest place to buy them? The cheapest i can find is the spider shop 'cause they are on offer at the moment. Or does anyone know where you can buy them discounted for buying bulk,or even a cheaper alternative.
    Thanks for your time.
    Rob.

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Have a look in local garden centres. The one near me has them. They're more expensive than online but you'll pay a high premium for delivery. A lot of companies are reluctant to post heavy glass and as such it'll cost. You can always look on ebay though as second hand tanks are a good find.
    www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

Comment

Cheers Craig,

I've looked on ebay and tho' they're cheap, they're all pick up only and too far to travel. Good idea about the garden centres, never thought of that. I've just been online shopping. I have found a website cheaper than the spider shop, www.netpetshop.co.uk £29.99 for the ones i want and free delivery on orders over £45 and they're £31.67 plus postage from the spider shop,only a small saving but a saving none the less. I'm still gonna shop around tho'.

Cheers again,
      Rob.

Comment

Check out the e bay shop-live foods by post,i buy mine from them and they deliver,also try house of spiders they make plastic one's any size u like.
        If these words he speaks are true,we're all humanary stew, if we dont pledge allegiance to
        the black widow.nahnahnahnahnah nah nah

Comment

hi there robert there is an alternative make of tank by the name of boyu there just the same as exotera tanks just a different design. i got one for my brazilian white knee it has a removable top that has mesh for ventilation and sliding doors at the front with a good locking systum. they do all different sizes just like the exotera's and there a lot cheaper it's worth a look rob hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for your post Daniel. I looked at that ebay shop, well i think i had the right shop, and they are much more expensive than £29.99 and when i did a search for house of spiders i could only find custom made yoga mats (not great for keeping t's unfortunatly). Am i searching for the wrong thing? Do you have a link instead mate??

Vincent, thanks for info on Boyu. They are just what i'm looking for. Being based in China tho' i'm struggling to find a stockist in the UK. Where did you buy yours from? I can't even find a price on them...

Cheers again guys,
            Rob

Comment

hi rob i got mine from a place called swallow equatics in raylegh essex. you should be able to get them from any exotic pet store or prehaps somewhere like swallow equatics that sell tropicle and marine fish. If you google "swallow aquatics" you'll find them hope this helps
              goodluck
              Vince

Comment

www.houseofspiders.co.uk

Great tanks, made to your size specs.
                Saw the tanks at the recent Manchester meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Martin View Post
                  Cheers Craig,

I've looked on ebay and tho' they're cheap, they're all pick up only and too far to travel. Good idea about the garden centres, never thought of that. I've just been online shopping. I have found a website cheaper than the spider shop, www.netpetshop.co.uk £29.99 for the ones i want and free delivery on orders over £45 and they're £31.67 plus postage from the spider shop,only a small saving but a saving none the less. I'm still gonna shop around tho'.

Cheers again,
                  Rob.
                  Thats a decent offer, especially if your buying more than one. Thats you got your free delivery already. I never seen them cheaper than that brand new so if you don't find an alternative I'd go for that. One thing to consider is postal insurance though. Check that if you get it from the company you order from. The last thing you want is to be out of pocket when a few tanks show up broken. It's unlikely the companies that send them would take responsibility if that happens so it's worth it for peace of mind if you make a large order.

House of spider yoga mats, lol?!?!
                  They might calm psycho spiders down

Comment

Found this in their site .

'Damaged Parcel?
                    In the unfortunate event your parcel arrives damaged you should refuse delivery if the damage is obvious. It will be returned to us and replaced. If you have accepted the parcel please contact us immediately.
                    IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT A LARGE ITEM RABBIT HUTCH, GLASS TANK ETC PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU CHECK EVERY PART AND OPEN THE BOXES. FAILURE TO REPORT A DAMAGE AT POINT OF DELIVERY PROVIDES US NO ABILITY TO ISSUE A REFUND / REPLACEMENT '

Comment

Hello Robert, I have Exo Terras in my lounge as they were my first buys when I started to keep Ts, I then met Matthew of Custom Aquaria at one of the meets and he has made me all of my vivs since then, they work out less than half the price of the exos and he will make them to your spec also will put ventilation wherever your Ts need it ( important for those arborials) We are O.A.Ps now so cash and quality are really important and I would n,t dream of going anywhere else, Give him a ring with the size ect and tell him you are a member of the B.T.S. and a friend of Yvonne,s and I am sure you will be delighted. PM me if you like and I will give you the number if you cant find his web site, But i dont think there are any prices on the site and Matthew himself does not have a computer so maybe a phone call would be better for you. Hope this helps.P.S. He is in Rushden. Northants.

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

Comment

Here's the custom aquaria website:

Comment

Have they started delivery yet?
                          sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Bought all mine from fleabay mate.
                            Paul

Comment

I am not sure as we always make it a day out and drive over to fetch mine, or sometimes we pick them up from one of the events. Give him a ring and ask.

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

Comment

Working...
                              X