Amazing recovery from fall rupture in B.smithii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing recovery from fall rupture in B.smithii

I thought some of you may be interested in what i believe is nothing short of a miracle.
    2 weeks ago i was very upset to find my recently fed B.smithii female (10 years old) splayed out on the floor having escaped and fallen from her viv, approx 3 feet above. She had clearly ruptured and had lost some haemolymph and appeared to be very close to death .
    Following research on this and other forums (i am not a forum user generally) i was led to believe that this was it and that she would now inevitably die.
    I placed her back into her viv and left her that night. The next morn when she was still alive (just) I placed her directly in her water bowl on soaked tissue. 12 hour later she had moved and was looking a little more perky. A further day later she had moved back under her bark as usual and is now fine. I am so happy!!

Good on her and you.

Comment

congratulations for the miracle!!!!!

maybe she don't want die yet

Comment

Hi Dawn, nice to hear she made a good recovery, and for once a happy ending

Comment

Nice one, sounds like one tough T you've got there. Didn't you try dental paste to stop the haemmorage?
          "I am never wrong! Only ever in a position to learn something new!"

Comment

iain- no didn't try dental paste as we had been out all day- she had lost fluid on floor outside viv and crawled about a foot away. i kind of assumed that damage had been done and that she was not about to make any kind of recovery.

thanks to you all for your lovely wishes xxx

Comment

Working...
            X