a little help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little help please

im had my obt for around 2 months he was my first spider. he has not eaten for about a month. he has his tibial hooks should i be worried?

Any idea how long since it last shed ? I don't know the specifics of that species but if it's got tibial hooks it's a mature male and may not have much time left .

Comment

i the shop owner said that it had shed about 2 months before i got him but i was also told it was female.

Comment

Hi Drew, if he's got his spurs, then he's a mature male, it's not unusual for them to be picky eaters once they've matured, he'll be more interested in breeding, perhaps you can find him a mate

Three things you usaually find with pet shops is 1. they overcharge, 2. they're often wrongly named and 3. they'll sell you male as a female!! Try and buy your next T's from a reliable forum member or a recognized breeder.

Comment

i tryed him on 2 different size locus. i took him back to the shop i got him from for a bit more advice and they where shocked at how skinny he looked. the shop owner gave me a refund due to how poor the spider looked.

i now have a pink toe who looks happy and quite content in her new terrarium.

Comment

That's good news Drew, you don't often get that with pet shop owners. At least you'll be better off with the pink toe, they're a good starter T, usually very docile.

Comment

thanks iv got a chilli and the pinktoe. the pinktoe went for a run when taking her from the box in to the terrarium.

Comment

Working...
              X