No announcement yet.

quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is her after her molt she looks stunning.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Drew Acton; 16-10-09, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Hi Drew, she looks great in her new outfit lol.

Comment

she took a small locus today hopefully she will get back to her nice plump self soon

heres a pic of her munching
        Attached Files

Comment

That's quick from moult to feeding, they usually take some weeks, she must be hungry.

Comment

she stopped eating about a month b4 so she may have need a bit of grub

Comment

here is a couple of pics of her molt could you tell me if she is a she or a he ?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Acton View Post
                put the ball in yesterday. just got in from work and it hasn't seemed to move what am i looking for?
                There are some of us who have noticed that some tarantulas apparently like to play with things put into their cage. In the middle of the night you'll wake up to the sound of the tarantula rolling the ball around the cage, for instance.

Someone else suggested that the ping pong ball might be a substitute eggsac, but I'm dubious because it certainly wouldn't "smell" like one to a tarantula, because this trick often works at non-breeding times of the year, and I don't think that tarantulas are really THAT stupid!

Try moving the ball to a different spot in the cage every few evenings for a few days, to make sure she finds it.

Bored tarantula. Now there's a new concept, no?
                The Tarantula Whisperer!
                Stan Schultz
                Co-author, the TARANTULA KEEPER'S GUIDE
                Private messaging is turned OFF!
                Please E-mail me directly at schultz@ucalgary.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Acton View Post
                  here is a couple of pics of her molt could you tell me if she is a she or a he ?
                  Sorry, Drew, but the parts that we need to see are either hidden or missing from the shed skin. We need to see everything from the belly of the abdomen. In your photos that's the parts between the hind legs.

Then, you need to put a drop or 2 of liquid dish detergent in a cup of warm water and drip a little of the solution on those parts of the skin. With 2 toothpicks or some other little implements you need to carefully unfold and unwrap the skin and lay it out flat. Then take a photo or 2 (both sides, top and bottom - flip it over) and post them here again.

Here's a good resource for sexing tarantulas: http://atshq.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12742

Plus, somewhere I recently saw a series of either drawings or photos of the epigynal plates of a large number of tarantulas with their corresponding scientific names, but I can't remember where and I can't find that resource. Can anyone else offer a link to that page or reference?

Enjoy your newfound little buddy!
                  The Tarantula Whisperer!
                  Stan Schultz
                  Co-author, the TARANTULA KEEPER'S GUIDE
                  Private messaging is turned OFF!
                  Please E-mail me directly at schultz@ucalgary.ca

Comment

thanks i will have a go now i tried earlier but she screwed it up so much i was trying not to rip it off.

Comment

here are the best pics i could get

Comment

Working...
                      X