new T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new T

i want to get a new T. atm i have a g.rosea and an avicularia sp i did have an obt which was my first spider.

any advise on what get ?

I personally find this question hard to answer due to as its all down to personal choice...terrestrial or arboreal? new world or old world? display spider? I dont think there's such a thing as a beginner's spider either as many people on this forum started with spiders that are not recommended to someone new to the hobby.

Thing to remember is that some species require slightly more attention to humidity, temp and they require a respect that you wouldnt necessairly give to a G.rosea. I made the leap from Grammies and Brachys to my P.Irmina and H.Lividum/Albostriatum and have never looked back
    Tarantulas kept:
    0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Harrison View Post
      I personally find this question hard to answer due to as its all down to personal choice...terrestrial or arboreal? new world or old world? display spider? I dont think there's such a thing as a beginner's spider either as many people on this forum started with spiders that are not recommended to someone new to the hobby.

Thing to remember is that some species require slightly more attention to humidity, temp and they require a respect that you wouldnt necessairly give to a G.rosea. I made the leap from Grammies and Brachys to my P.Irmina and H.Lividum/Albostriatum and have never looked back
      couldnt have put it better myself

Take a look through the galleries here and see what catches your eye then do your research on the species

Comment

I have an A.Geniculata which are larger species and are beautiful, black with white knees and a reddish colouring through there abdomen hairs.
        Last edited by Doreen Berrie; 17-10-09, 09:14 PM.

Comment

im thinking of getting another baboon of some sort. my obt was a great t but it was a MM and close to the end when i got him. i may go for a sling the spider shop has a couple of baboons on there may look in to it.

Comment

if your going to go with a baboon of some sort i'd go with something like P.Marinus as they seem to be a little less shy than many of the others and are always great looking spiders.
            Wayne.

Comment

i was thinking of one of them.

Comment

i've kept these and they are an awsome addition to any collection, very fast and narky little blighters, and they have a very audiable hiss when stridulating. i remembers getting my first one of these in germany, the bloke in the shop ended up selling me the entire enclosure for the price of just the sider because he was not willing to transfer the spider in to a container for transport. i paid for the spider and got a full set up completely free...................... well chuffed!
                Wayne.

Comment

i payed £25 quid for mine he was my first T he would hiss then run shame he was a mm poor lil man.

Comment

I can't ever imagine making the jump from grammies and brachies to anything more.. scary! I am intrigued by Haplopelma but keeping one? Noooo thank you. I can't even imagine doing tank maintenance on something like that! Maybe I'm just a wimp

Comment

i wouldn't worry about tank maintainance with something like Haplopelma, once its established its burrow you will hardly ever see it lol.
                      Wayne.

Comment

my first t was a P.Murinus thats y i think i want another one or something along those lines.

Comment

Not kept these myself Drew but when i was round at a friends a week ago i had a look at theirs and i have to say i was surprised at how much better looking these are in the flesh ...absolutley stunning
                          Id say do it

Comment

Re: new T

I went in to a exotic pet shop today and they had a chilli copper could someone elaborate on what it's real name is if you catch my drift ?

Comment

Chillean copper tarantula is a common name for Paraphysa Scrofa.
                              Wayne.

Comment

Working...
                              X