• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAC Meeting

Dear all

Invicta Arachnid Clubs next meeting is Wednesday 28th October
    8-10.30pm

The Club meets at Bobbing village hall, Sheppey way, Sittingbourne, Kent ME9 8PL ( Just off Jcn 5 of the M2 ).

Again i extend an invitation to all to come down to see us.

We have Ray Hale doing a talk for us this month.
    Next month is the annual Auction.

There will be two raffles normal and Australian, free tea and coffee, cheap soft drinks & you can get your T skins sexed under the Microscope on the night.

Is it too far to come?

Manchester Invertabrate & Spider Club (MISC) meets on Saturday 31st October. (Contact Lisa Baines)

East Midlands Arachnid Club (EMAC) Milton Keynes meets on Sunday 25th October.(contact Mary Walters )

If you are still too far from all three clubs, why not start your own club? i can give you advice.

Clubs are a good way to meet other enthusiasts, swop spiderlings and make new friends. They are also the best way to introduce Newbies to the hobby.

Look forward to meeting you

Chris

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
    Why not make a weekend of it.

Looking forward to it guys. If you can make it please do. Its a great club and well worth the trip. ( Well I would say that wouldnt I?).

Havnt quite decided on what Im lecturing yet but I will by the night (hopefully.....LOL)

Ray
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Thank you Chris for the mention

Your help with our club so far has been wonderful.
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Baines View Post
        Thank you Chris for the mention

Your help with our club so far has been wonderful.
        Your welcome Lisa, MISC is in good hands.

Chris

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20

Comment

looking forward to tonight even if I do have the dreaded lurgy. I will be there Chris.

Ray

[B]
          On

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Hale View Post
            looking forward to tonight even if I do have the dreaded lurgy. I will be there Chris.

Ray
            looking forward also Ray,

I have the lurgy too perhaps our lurgies will cancel each other out and we will both get better.

Chris

Comment

see u soon chris
              wot time u picking me up agen?
              THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Another excellent evening and again I won a bottle of wine, fantastic considering I've never won anything at a raffle.
                Thoroughly enjoyed the lecture Ray gave, I honestly could have asked loads of questions but I didn't want to hog the limelight
                As promised here's a picture that a visitor to my Essex meets took from my garden. A crab spider that has changed colour to suit the flower, complete with prey and possible parasite?

Well done to all, great club, thoroughly recommended. Eager to come next time and I got an approval from the mrs! which is less than can be said for her reaction to the pokie poster! Was the fog part of Ray's manflu?
                My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Great photo Pete and thanks for making the trip. Glad you enjoyed it.

That fog was something else. It took us three hours to get home after stopping twice because I could not see the road.

I have to say it is real peasure to go to Invicta as they are so enthusiatic about what they do. Enjoyed the opening of the eggsac Chris depite your soemwhat thwarted attempts at using selotape.

Keep it guys.

PS I promise next year I wont do a lecture that some of you have heard.

Hope to see you all at the BTS Lectures and then the BTS Exhibition. Its our 25th this year so expect sometning special on the day.

Ray

[B]
                  On

Comment

Thanks for a great talk Ray, it was a good meeting we had 34 attending and they all enjoyed themselves including 4 newbies.

when you have hands like shovels its hard two play with Sticky tape i should have watched more blue peter . it was good to see hundreds of eggs with legs come out of the eggsac, and it was good for those who had not seen it before.

Glad you came Pete your input is more than welcome, although i still think you should have took the hair straighteners instead of the wine.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X