No announcement yet.

Have a new pokie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matthew, you should never be afraid of a good healthy debate. Surely nobody's taking any offence? I'm eager to hear what the proper ID is and I believe its a learning experience for all who get involved - exactly what a forum should be.

Looking good for seeing this in the flesh too! just hope that blooming bridge is a bit easier to cross.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
      Matthew, you should never be afraid of a good healthy debate. Surely nobody's taking any offence? I'm eager to hear what the proper ID is and I believe its a learning experience for all who get involved - exactly what a forum should be.

Looking good for seeing this in the flesh too! just hope that blooming bridge is a bit easier to cross.
      your coming to tomorrow's meeting? brill will be good to see you again peter, will james be joining you this time?
      THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Btw. when i come along tomorrow, how will i know who everyone is? ie chris carter and co! Is there usually quite a few people there? lol
        Last edited by Ryan Simons; 27-10-09, 07:34 PM.

Comment

If it's anything like my last visit you'll be introduced and you'll find the club very inviting, informal, informative and good fun.
          Best I make contact with James to see how viable it is

Comment

I couldn't agree more i enjoyed my debate with Dan so much i invited him to a talk for the club next year which he has agreed to do.

Still think he is wrong though

Chris

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20
            Why not make a weekend of it.

Comment

I hope Ray can give you an idea of an ID tonight. I personally still think it's just a juvie regalis (as it takes a while for the band to grow in), but it's not easy to give a 100% ID from from just photos.

In regards to the hybrid comment, it's hard enough to get poecilotheria sacs as it is, yet alone hybrids. Most females will attack males of a different species, and if she's receptive to one, getting an insertion is unlikely due to varying emboli shapes across species (think of trying to fit a square peg in a triangular hole)
              Last edited by Dan Kennard; 28-10-09, 06:08 PM.
              Tarantulas-UK Discussion Forums

Comment

Do we now have a positive ID on the Pokie ? suspense is killing me lol

Comment

No, the debate continued. The blue wasnt apparent in the pokie so I kept to my regalis opinion and others kept to their striata or miranda or hybrid opinion. Good convo though and a nice lively pokie.
                  Its going to have to go to the gods of the pokie world, Ryan's going to post pix to Ray and Peter.
                  We're all still in suspenders

Comment

No, the debate continued. The blue wasnt apparent in the pokie so I kept to my regalis opinion and others kept to their striata or miranda or hybrid opinion. Good convo though and a nice lively pokie.
                    Its going to have to go to the gods of the pokie world, Ryan's going to post pix to Ray and Peter.
                    We're all still in suspenders
                    Lol aww well lets hope for a positive ID from either **sits and waits verdict hehe**

Comment

Hi Lynn

In the flesh the pokie still proved to be a troublesome little bleeder to ID as pete said the Blue was not apparent in the flesh, Still didn't look like a regalis,but didn't really look like anything else either, no-one was totally sure, the other Pokie brought for id was a very dark rufilata at least we all agreed on that.

After much debate we all agreed that more photo's should be taken especially in the threat pose to be sent to the Oracle known as Peter Kirk who will solve the mystery.

Still dont think it is a regalis, but if it is i will have cream with my Humble pie Dan.

Chris

Ps if i am not answering any posts in the next week it is because i will be away for a week getting over the depression of hitting 50 i'm officially old

South East Arachnid Show (SEAS) Sunday 31-1-16 Ashford international Hotel jct 9 M20

Comment

50! wow, you don't look a day over 60!

Comment

50! wow, you don't look a day over 60!
                          its all down to my NO exercise regime,

Comment

Haha awww well good excuse for a boozy session or two lol

Originally posted by chris carter View Post
                            Hi Lynn

In the flesh the pokie still proved to be a troublesome little bleeder to ID as pete said the Blue was not apparent in the flesh, Still didn't look like a regalis,but didn't really look like anything else either, no-one was totally sure, the other Pokie brought for id was a very dark rufilata at least we all agreed on that.

After much debate we all agreed that more photo's should be taken especially in the threat pose to be sent to the Oracle known as Peter Kirk who will solve the mystery.

Still dont think it is a regalis, but if it is i will have cream with my Humble pie Dan.

Chris

Ps if i am not answering any posts in the next week it is because i will be away for a week getting over the depression of hitting 50 i'm officially old

Comment

I think , after my near disaster with the pokie escaping when i got home, i have decided im going to leave it to get a little bigger before i have another go at getting some better pics for inspection. Ill order 2 perspex arboreal tanks off tarantulatank.com and never know, it might just climb the perspex and ill get a pic then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Simons View Post
                                I think , after my near disaster with the pokie escaping when i got home, i have decided im going to leave it to get a little bigger before i have another go at getting some better pics for inspection. Ill order 2 perspex arboreal tanks off tarantulatank.com and never know, it might just climb the perspex and ill get a pic then.
                                good idea ryan, you shouldnt do anything that you are not 100% confident doing. whatever the outcome you have got a stunning pokie there mate, thanks for bringing it along to the meeting
                                THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                                X