Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about various Euathlus sp.

Hi,

Reading some of the previous threads I noticed that there is confusion about the 'real' E. Pulcherrimaklaasi, and I was wondering if this has been resolved yet? A local pet shop says they can order one from a breeder for me, but they say it is CB, and I was under the impression that the only CB ones were the mismarketed Homoeomma species, or have people managed to breed the real thing in captivity by now? The shop also said they could get Euathlus sp. Montane and E. Vulpinus (which they say is arboreal - is this true?)

Secondly, AFAIK these species live in cool, rocky areas (which is one of the main reasons I am interested in them) - would a sandy/ soily substrate with lots of rocks be more suitable than a more foresty one?

Thanks in advance!
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.0.0 Western Hognose
    0.0.1 Euathlus Sp. Blue (I hope!)

Originally posted by Beatrice Smith View Post
    Hi,

Reading some of the previous threads I noticed that there is confusion about the 'real' E. Pulcherrimaklaasi, and I was wondering if this has been resolved yet? A local pet shop says they can order one from a breeder for me, but they say it is CB, and I was under the impression that the only CB ones were the mismarketed Homoeomma species, or have people managed to breed the real thing in captivity by now? The shop also said they could get Euathlus sp. Montane and E. Vulpinus (which they say is arboreal - is this true?)

Secondly, AFAIK these species live in cool, rocky areas (which is one of the main reasons I am interested in them) - would a sandy/ soily substrate with lots of rocks be more suitable than a more foresty one?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi Beatrice, I dunno too much about Euathlus but I do have a vulpinus sling. I think they are considered to be semi-arboreal. I have never seen my sling put one foot on the substrate. It's always sitting on a piece of bark in the tub higher up so I would say this is true.

I'm sure I've seen Euathlus sp. Montane advertised for sale on the spider shop website so yes, maybe your local shop could get hold of them. As for substrate, I'm sure the usual coir or peat moss etc would be fine. Hope this helps.

Craig
    www.flickr.com/photos/craigmackay/sets

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
    X