hi im new and in need of advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi im new and in need of advice

having had tarantulas as pets when young ive decided to now as an adult to get a couple for my own pleasure and as an easyish first pet for my kids no walking etc but seen as it was 20 years ago when i had them last im wanting a quick up to date whats best habitat for them size substrate humidity etc
    im hoping to get a chile rose and a mexican red knee obviously in 2 tanks but size etc would be a help im in the view of find out before i buy rather than after mishaps so any help is much appreciated

hi asmaa

A 30cm x 30cm glass tank is plenty, as far as substrate goes, cocopalm peat. Hunidity is another trick quistion. G. Rosea like it quite dry, ad substrate as is and a small water dish. For B. Smithi, 50 -60% humidity. Both wil borrow if given the oportunity, so give them plenty of subtrate, 10 - 15cm deep. You can also google them for more indept caresheets.
    If you wish to live and thrive let a spider run alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Johan van Vuuren View Post
      hi asmaa

A 30cm x 30cm glass tank is plenty, as far as substrate goes, cocopalm peat. Hunidity is another trick quistion. G. Rosea like it quite dry, ad substrate as is and a small water dish. For B. Smithi, 50 -60% humidity. Both wil borrow if given the oportunity, so give them plenty of subtrate, 10 - 15cm deep. You can also google them for more indept caresheets.

is there any brand of heat mat thats better than an another and will it need to be all over the base of th etank or like reptile only on half so theres a warm end and cool end??

Comment

If the temperature of the room is comfortable enough for you in a T-shirt then its likely to be fine for your tarantula. However some people provide extra heating via a heatmat attached to the side of the enclosure.
        Its worthwhile taking a read of this, from Stanley Schultz:
        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Working...
        X