Aphonopelma Abberans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aphonopelma Abberans

Aphonopelma Abberans,is it me or are these thin on the ground,i bought a sling as my first T ,but aint seen any thing about them or any more for sale,could do with a couple more slings ,cant find any info about them all the other Aphonopelma but not that one? or am i just blind..any one else got any,i suppose folk have as the sling i got was from lee's shop
    0.0.1 Aphonopelma Abberans 1cm sling
    0.0.2 Citharischius Crawshayi 2inch+ juv
    0.0.3 Lasiodora parahybana 2+cm slings
    0.0.1 emperor scorpion 5cm ish

Just checked

Just checked n no i dont smell? how come no one has any help or direction on my post,do i take it that thay are thin on the ground
    or have all my knowligable friends been far to busy to answer me
    come on folks bit of help here please.

Comment

they're thin on the ground due to Chile stopping exports. there may be some captive breeding using the ones already here though, and at least one person had a successful sac.
      i've got a female and a male, boarding with a friend in Wales due to space problems at my place, so maybe something will happen there, but the female was very reluctant, even though the male was interested.

as for care, they're really Euathlas, just awaiting reclassification (if you doubt that, search this forum, even the spider shop agrees they're blatantly Euathlas, but they were described as Aphonopelma long ago, so that's what they were sold as), so best to look into the care of Euathlas sp Green/Blue, i'd suggest.
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

abberans

that would explane why it dont seem to behave like what ive read,also good to know there may be some about at some point,it was my first T, & i dint no to get at least 3 like what i will be doing from now on.thanks for your reply,ile go reserch the real "abberans" now cheers buddie

Comment

it'll probably still be listed as A. aberrans, but searching for Euathlas might help give more accurate care advice.
          hopefully they'll be bred, they are a lovely species, autumnal colouration is how i'd describe it.
          also, very hardy, they're often found active and alive in snow!

i know what you mean about buying several slings at once, i tend to buy at least 2, because i know my luck!
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Euathlas

Euathlas,i looked it up as that n the behavior,ect about bein half way up the side n webbing all up the sides ,tackling any food of any size fits it perfect whats more seen a pick on ..erm think it was arachnoboards n even looked just like it a redish sort of brown light collored in the midle n darker to the further out to ends of legs..makes more sense to me ,it was like a scaredy cat but after the last two moults its just bold as brass..well,all i can say now bar thanks for the point in the rite direction is never get only one sling at a time,so 2 crawshayi,3 para,but only one erm abberans/euathlas so wish i had got another 2 when i got her..(posative thinking all my spiders are her) oh yeh plus i need another emporer scorp,but that was a rehome job so not my fault......

Comment

that's cool mate, glad if that helped.
              that genus appears to be a little up in the air at the moment, and with Chile stopping exports it's a bit of a pain, as there are some lovely spiders there.
              aberrans is one of my favourites, such rich colouration.
              getting multiples is great, but that's how you start having ridiculous amounts of animals like i do, i have to warn you! haha
              oh yes, get more emperors...they are fantastic!
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

there should be quite a few slings about the country somewhere, i had an egg sac with 186 or so nymphs last year , very slow growing species, but a beautifull one

Comment

good

Good hope to get a coupl more then at some point.... yeh mine has took ages to grow much & as for a moult dint seem to moult ever then two quite close together ,& now she is looking real nice ..

Comment

Working...
                  X