Guests in cricket tubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guests in cricket tubs

I found about a dozen or so caterpillar type creatures in with some small black crickets, they could be beetle larvae of some sort and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and would it be ok to feed them to my spiderlings, who are pretty aggressive feeders. They are Haplopelma longipes, Albostriatum and two Cyriopagopus shioedtei slings all around 4cm. It seems a waste to just dispose of them.

leave them in with the crickets stephen, they are beetle larve and are put in with the crickets on purpose to clean up after them etc, they feed on any of the crickets that die in the tub and also clear away there waste matter. its not a problem if they get in with your slings though, they will become food like anything else of relative size.
    Wayne.

Comment

Thanks Wayne, always helpful It was just that my H longipes refused the black cricket I put in so I was going to try one of the larvae. All my other T's take the black ones apart from this one. It might be in pre moult though but its worth a try and see if it takes one.

Comment

just pop a cricket in and leave it for a day, if its still there a day later, remove it and try again in a few days.
        Wayne.

Comment

I try and gather the live larvae and keep them in my cricket tank, instead of keeping them in the tub, that way the crickets are better fed and so are the larvae....its all for the good of the T's as i see it
          Tarantulas kept:
          0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

I now know why the little spider wasnt eating, it moulted today so i'll try it tomorrow with some dinner

Comment

Working...
            X