p.murinus growth rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p.murinus growth rate

hi could any one tell me how long a p.murinus takes to mature and how long they live for ?

From my experience these are a fast growing species, expect to see adult males within 18 months, females after 24 months. The heat and feeding you provide will have an influence on this. I believe they'll live over 10 years and matings can produce multiple sacs.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

thanks mine is about and inch and a half legspan and eating really well i keep it slightly moist at room temp "my room is like a green house"

i feed 2 small crickets 2 times a week is this too much?

Comment

With feeding, I tend to go for something that is half their body size once a week, even for my slings. I have seen people offer the same quantity twice a week.

My P.murinus is about the same size as yours and happily eats something the same body length as her. I would say you're doing ok!
        Follow the progress of my spiderlings: The Spiderling Project
        Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

usfull info peter. i just got one at one half inch. very interesting bugger, webs everything. does anyone happen to know what color phase it is when it is this small. where i got it it was not labled as a color phase.
          my tarantulas
          001 A. seemani 010 A. avicularia 001 B. auratum 001 B. smithi 001 C. bechaunicus 100 C. huahini 001 C. cyaneopubescens 001 C. crawshayi 002 E. murinus 112 G. rosea 010 H. albostriatum 010 H. lividum 001 H. maculata 001 L. violaceopes 001 L. parahybana 100 N. chromatus 010 P. cancerides 001 P. fasciata 010 P. rufilata 001 P. striata 001 P. cambridgei 010 P. irminia001 P. murinus 001 P. lugardi 001 S. calceata 001 T. violaceus

Comment

mine was labled as a rcf and she is showing good orange coloration

Comment

Originally posted by darrell hetzel View Post
              usfull info peter. i just got one at one half inch. very interesting bugger, webs everything. does anyone happen to know what color phase it is when it is this small. where i got it it was not labled as a color phase.
              The common name helps here its likely to be either Usambara Orange Baboon Tarantula (OBT) which is the Red Form or Golden Starburst Baboon which is the Typical Colour Form and appears more of a sandy colour. The Dark Form has very little coloured hairs to it but the variety of colour within this species varies quite a lot.
              At the size you suggest I'd say they should appear black with dark orange abdomens appearing, that's how my 1" slings are looking.
              My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

How long will they take to get to sub adult

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
                  At the size you suggest I'd say they should appear black with dark orange abdomens appearing, that's how my 1" slings are looking.
                  Thats exactley what my slings look like, all have moulted and are voracious eaters (not afraid of taking on any comers)
                  Tarantulas kept:
                  0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

Working...
                  X