Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aphonopelma Spp. "Guatamala" spermathecae.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aphonopelma Spp. "Guatamala" spermathecae.........

Hi all,

My (believed to be) Aphonopelma Spp. "Guatamala" juvenile Molted on monday and i have retrieved the exuvium and thought i'd have a go at sexing it so, armed with a shiny new good quality pocket magnifying glass (an early stocking filler from my better half) and an LED torch i have confirmed its a female.

firstly, is there a great deal of difference between the spermathecae of A.Seemani and A.spp."guatamala" as i could use this as a tool to confirm her species. if there is a difference does anyone have a picture of the spermathecae of A.spp."guatamala" they could send me or can anyone provide a link to a website that has pictures of the above. i've tryed a google search but turned up nothing.

thanks in advance.
    Wayne.

i've continued my search for pictures of the spermathecae of A.Sp. "Guatamala" and still not been able to find one for comparrison but i have compared it to pictures of A.Seemani and its very similar though different enough to convince me its diffinately not the A.Seemani it was orriginally sold as. the strange thing is the closest resembling spermathecae is that of Acanthoscurria Geniculata.
    Wayne.

Comment

Working...
    X