Baby food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby food

Hi all, been awhile since my last visit. Have just been enjoying my retirement and etc. I have a question about what to feed a tiny T. iT'S 1/4" IS a L. parahybana "Brazilian Salmon Pink. It had molted while in transit to me. Has been 6 days now and only hides. I have offered freshly dead and live crickets but it won't eat. Is there something else I should be doing ? This is my first tiny T and I want it to have a happy ending. Thanks for any input anyone can offer.

Could try chopping up the dead crickets (assuming you're not already). Other than that, you could try adult cricket drumsticks (take the back legs off of crickets).

Other than that, Been Weevils might be an option.
    Follow the progress of my spiderlings: The Spiderling Project
    Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

i am using small waevils and No. 1 crickets successfully with my L.paras slings I just received 2 weeks ago from the spidershop

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

yeah you could try bean weavils or fruit flys but normally L.P's are good eater's so maybe its to do with the recent molt?

Comment

Thanks for the replies. He still has not eaten. Plenty active tho. I have tried all advice given. I guess it could be the recent molt. will keep offering food and see............. thanks.

Comment

Just a point, is the sling hydrated sufficiently and at the right temperature 75F plus, as I've found they don't eat well if not warm and have moisture available.

Comment

Yea, Linda. It's got plenty of water and is cozy at around 70-80 deg.

Comment

Hi William, a bit of a mystery then. It might just be the moult as it's active. I've got 3 T. Apophysis 1st instar slings, tiny little things, relatively speaking that is lol, they're taking 2 tiny crickets a day, at the moment. I've just got them in crix tubs on damp kitchen towel, at about 75-80F and they seem happy.

Comment

Hi Linda, the only differance is I have wet coconut sub. in my enclosure. Very sm. water container. And also like I said he seems otherwise ok. Stays hid mostly but is active enough. Looks fine. Just has not eaten since arrival. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Hi William, keep us all updated on it's progress, it may start to eat all of a sudden.

Comment

salmons

Hi i am in the prosses of rearing 3 parah slings ,and when mine have jst shed thay offten go 1 - 2 week before a feed,but then jst grab it when there hungry,i would not worry two much,i also find thay seem to retreat if there not hungry from the live food sorce,make sure thay have something to hide under,even if just a bit of cardboard made in a mini tunnel shape,your in for a treat as thay grow bigger and bolder,mine are great now getting bigger...so make sure there in small enough tubs,and think on the lines of two weeks before you worry,or more,mine always eat in the end....
                      0.0.1 Aphonopelma Abberans 1cm sling
                      0.0.2 Citharischius Crawshayi 2inch+ juv
                      0.0.3 Lasiodora parahybana 2+cm slings
                      0.0.1 emperor scorpion 5cm ish

Comment

Alistair, thanks for the info. Well he finally ate. I got some grubs from LPS and last night he came out of his hide and munched on a big chunk of grub. Sure made me smile. So looks like all's well in Spiderville again. Yea I can't wait till he starts on some live prey. Thanks................... Bill

Comment

Working...
                        X