interesting discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting discovery

Moved my P.rufilata commune to the top of one of the other tanks whilst cleaning.There are 3 or 4 tanks with a heat mat going up the side (see picture).
    Looks like these boys and girls prefer it a bit warmer than room temperature which was how they were being kept.
    They have all left their cork hide and a now on the glass infront of the mat.
    Think I will leave it there and see how they get on.
    The temp on the glass is 78-79F so not too toasty for them.
    Paul

... or you could turn the jar round so they can be warm and dark, and they like it dark.

you can tape some black plastic on the outside behind the bark, you can lift this and still get a good look at them. the black also seems to help warm it up slightly more efficiently in a cold room.

all best,

chris

Comment

I am 100% certain it is because of the heat......I have moved them everywhere since I have had them.....in much darker places and this is the first time I have seen them do this.They always prefer their hide in light or dark places.
      My house has CH so is normally at around 75F......even higher when the Mrs. and kid whack up the thermostat.....lol
      I know they like the dark and could be classed as nocturnal but these are not as photosensitive as gooties....from my understanding.
      I just thought it may be of interest to other rufilata owners considering these are classed as "cool climate" T's.
      Thank you for your input.I would love to have more comments like yours.
      I really think that this is very interesting regarding the rufs.
      Come on people,lets have an interesting debate with lots of opinions.
      Paul
      Ps...as per your point.....I will blacken the back (hide area) and see what difference that makes......report back tomorrow.
      Just used the package of the dog biscuit bag...bit sad but there you go.
      If they are still in the same place tomorrow....which I know they will be.....it must be because of the increased temps.
      I truly believe that everything is an experiment as far as communal pokies go.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-12-09, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Mine all hug the mat Paul. I have my tanks arranged so that the hide area is on the side closest to the mat.

Comment

Working...
        X