Salmon pinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salmon pinks

I have 2,does anyone know their rate of sexual maturaity,how many years for the female versus the male ?

Hi Robert.

Brian here, I have a sexually mature female myself, I don’t have as much knowledge as I would like yet on the time it takes for the males to reach sexual maturity, I do know my female took a good 2 years, they do grow very fast.

Comment

Hi robert,

as Brian has said they are a fast growing species with females reaching sexual maturity in about 2 years, males generally mature faster than the females, it may only take them about 18 months,

Heat and feeding regimens also have a bearing on how fast these spiders will mature. If kept on the warmer side and fed frequently the metabolism would be alot faster than that of a spider kept slightly cooler and fed less often.
      Wayne.

Comment

do a search on this forum, there's a story about a male that didn't mature for years.
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

18 months? L. parahybana?
          I'd have thought 24-36 months for a male and perhaps 5 years for a female.
          My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Noel matured in just over a year
            spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Mine just moulted into MM fortnight ago took about 24 months.

Shame, I had visually sexed as female a few moults ago and was shocked to say the least when I noticed breeding hooks...
              All those legs and not a pair of shoes in sight... Nice tarsus tho...

Comment

Working...
              X