Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion strikes again.

Hey

Brian here again, I’d like to know the difference between the following Ornamental Tarantula a Poecilotheria regalis a Poecilotheria ornata a Poecilotheria fasciata and a Poecilotheria striata, they all look alike, how can I tell one from the other by looking at it, are there any markings I could look at or have I totally lost the plot.
    I got a adult female from my supplier as a Sri Lankan Ornamental (Poecilotheria fasciata), however after doing some reading up I noticed that there are a few of the ornamentals that look alike but have different names, now I’m wondering exactly which one I have… if anyone could shed some light upon this matter for me I would be forever grateful.

Thanks.

In my experience, ornata look nothing like the other 3. But they can all be readily identified by the markings on the underside of the spider. If you can get a decent picture of the underside of your spider, we can identify it for you.
    Tarantulas-UK Discussion Forums

Comment

Hi DanHalen.

Thanks for the advice, you have me terribly curious now about the different markings, I will have to get a picture of her this afternoon and I’ll post it in the morning.

Once again thanks.

Comment

There is an excellent poster available that shows the difference between the Poecilotheria. I have a few left if you want one. PM me for details

Ray
        BTS
        British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
        The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
        On
        [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

this is the website of Soren Rafn. at the bottom of the page you find a (old, some species missing) key to identify Poecilotheria species.

cheers

Eddy

Comment

Hi,

I couldn’t manage to get a decent picture of her yet, however as soon as I can get on I will….

Once again thanks for all the input.

Brian.

Comment

Working...
            X