Worthwile spider to breed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worthwile spider to breed?

Im looking into breeding a different type of T and was wondering whats is a worthwile spider to breed? Something endangered in the wild or sought after in captivity?
    C' mon every1 what do you reccomend.

Oh and has any1 got any idea where to get a Singapore Blue?

whats is a worthwile spider to breed?
    IMO they're all worth breeding.

Oh and has any1 got any idea where to get a Singapore Blue?
    Singapore?
    Guy...
    www.giantspiders.com

Comment

As Guy points out ALL tarantulas are worth breeding. I suppose it depends on why you want to breed a particular species. Some breed for profit ( although you are never going to be rich) , others breed for enjoyment. Whatever you breed and why, enjoy.
      Singapore Blue? An interesting spider but personally the Cobalt Blue still does it for me.
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

I agree but...

I know any T would be enjoyable to breed. I would primaraly be doing it for the expirence but id like to breed a species that is in need of breeding, if you know what i mean. Not murinus or rosea etc.
        So what spiders do you think are sought after but rarely available in captivaty? And not due to them costing £50 plus for a sling or anything.

Cheers

Comment

a fair point. If you are breeding for experience then really any male that you can match with a female is a plus. It really depends on your preferences .Ray prefers to breed Asian T ( H.lividum, minax etc)whilst others specilaise in Indian species. We recently mated Curly Hairs. Common perhaps, but still special to us.

Ray and Angela

Comment

Curly hairs are far to underrated. I always said no i dont want one they are crap, got given a cute little sub and she is lovely. Never shown any sign of agression doesnt mind bein handled *( I handle T's at my own risk and supervised by mu Hubby in case i freak. Dont do it unless you are sure of what you are doing )* the only thing is she tries to wen your hand up. Although i dont like her feet, compared to a B.smithi walking on you it was scratchy!!!!!

Layla Mc .xxxx

* I wrote this coz some boards freak about handling etc and I dont want anyone following suit that are unsupervised/ inexperienced*

Comment

Thankyou again

Yea, iv not really got a preferance to african/indian arboreal/terrestrial etc. I love all Ts in different ways. Just wondered if there are any species you can reccomend which need breedind because not many people do, or they are still being wild caught. Im after a male G. rosea and i have a female curlyhair. Not to sound stupid, but how do you tell if a female is mature and ready for breeding??
              ---
              artyrick@aol.com
              ---
              Also, do anyone know when any T shows are on this year? if so where and when?

Comment

All spiders need breeding to continue there species in captivity.

Even the common ones. think if no one bred the common ones then there would be none and then they too would be rare. even use who have the odd rare spider try to breed them as many times as we can in order to bring the prices down. IMO just start breeding with the spiders that you have and if one day a rare one comes your way then great. Thats how it usually happens.

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

Hi
                  I would echo whats already been said, all species are worth breeding, by breeding even the most common species, ensures their survival in captivity for future enthusiasts. no one is going to get rich breeding tarantulas, even the rarer species, anyone thinking they will make big money is kidding themselves
                  regards
                  phil
                  www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

Come off it Phil, I made at least 100 english pounds last year from breeding tarantulas and I expect to double that this year too
                    Think about it - 2000 L. parahybana @ £2 each that's... well... a lot of money! You want to spend more time on New World species - that's where the big money is!
                    Guy...
                    www.giantspiders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Guy
                      Come off it Phil, I made at least 100 english pounds last year from breeding tarantulas and I expect to double that this year too
                      Think about it - 2000 L. parahybana @ £2 each that's... well... a lot of money! You want to spend more time on New World species - that's where the big money is!
                      NEW WORLD don't keep so many these days, Guess i will have to stay poor with all my Baboon spiders, but I may send you begging letters when you make your first million
                      regards
                      phil
                      www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

Ta

Ok thanks every1. Im tryin 2 get a male G. rosea for my female. Also have curly hair maturing and a P. irminia. All my others are juveniles.

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me how to tell if a females sexually mature? Tarantula that is?

Comment

Working...
                        X