Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blisters on Prosoma, need help quick.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blisters on Prosoma, need help quick.....

Hello everybody. I just got an email of someone here in Germany with a picture of a freshly molted Nhandu coloratovillosus. It seems to have blisters on it´s side. Does anybody have an idea what it could be?
    All parameters, regarding keeping, were ok during molt and before.
    My first guess would be cancer but I´m not so sure about that. Never seen anything like this.

Heres the photo I got.

Regards Steven
    Attached Files

The last time I saw something like that it was suggested the T had moulted close to the heatmat
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

It looks like the abdomen has ruptured exposing the developing eggs. Amazing that it has survived!
      Cheers,
      Richard

Comment

Hi everybody,

I just found out that the Nhandu did in fact molt on a heatmat. It dug to the bottom of its burrow and molted there. Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it

Of course i told the owner that he has to take the mat away and use a light or similar as a heatsource.
        Again many thanks.

Best regards Steven

Comment

there is nothing wrong with using a heat matt as long as it is placed on the back or side of the enclosure and not the bottom, using a light as a heat source is not ideal for spiders as it is much harder to regulate the heat and you will end up with ambient temperature too high.
          Wayne.

Comment

Working...
          X