Avicularia Minatrix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avicularia Minatrix

Hi all, I really want to get some A.Minatrix slings. I was looking at some pics on the ATS the other night and they are beautiful spiders! I can't say I've ever seen any for sale, does anyone know how often these become available and how much they sell for?

Thanks, Jamie.
    My Collection:

very infrequently is the answer. I was after some for nearly 2 years and missed out on a handful of them on sale at Kempton from Thomas Vinmann. Becky has success with breeding these but had a small sac, only 15 slings if I remember rightly. You're best bet might be to get in touch with the European breeders, ask TSS or those renowned for keeping Avics eg. Elaine and Becky to see if they have any other breeding plans.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Thanks Peter, I'l do that. Any idea what price these go for?
      My Collection:

Comment

I have finally managed to find someone who has some of these. Problem is, he's in Germany! He says he can get me 1.5cm (body) juveniles to the UK in 2 - 3 days. I'm a little concerned about this, 3 days is a long time to be couped up in packaging, especially this time of year.

Is this a good idea? I could play it safe and wait until some become available in the UK, am I worrying too much?

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Jamie.
        My Collection:

Comment

Hiya Jamie

Ive had packages from Germany and also Denmark. Ive had no problems with either and one took about 5 days to arrive as i think there is no next day deliver system due to distance.
          Spider can live long periods without food and water if they are already well fed so the time isnt so much the problem, its more to do with the temperature as a heat pack only lasts about 24 hours < i think >.
          Basically it winter atm and tbh i wouldnt want spiders sent until it warms up a bit

Hope that helps a little

Lance

Comment

I agree with Lance, I'm waiting until the temperature rises to a reasonable level before ordering from europe, last thing we all want is a package full of dead spiders! Good luck with youre search

Comment

You can purchase 40+ hr heatpacks but that still wouldnt cover the postage timeframe. Perhaps reserve them for later delivery or catch them at BugFest in February or BTS in May.

Comment

Details of BugFest can be found here:

Comment

i got a subadult female from the 08 kempton show for £18 from thomas vinmann

Comment

you just had to remind me Andy, bah!
                    fingers in ears not listening any more LOL

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys. Well the guy at the other end, Sven Koeppler (some of you might know) reassured me they would be OK to send as the delivery time wouldn't stretch to 3 days, so I ordered them and they arrived this morning! I will post pics when I get time. He sent them off Monday afternoon and they arrived around 9.00am this morning so about 40 hours in transit. In truth I probably should have put it off for a few more weeks but I figured he wouldn't send them if he thought there were risks. We did have a bit of frost here first thing so I was a little anxious for their safe arrival. When I opened the box the heat pack was still warm and the spids were fine.

Thanks for all the advice anyway though, I did consider all points put across and wouldn't have gone ahead with it if the timeframes had been any bigger.

Sven has quite an impressive list if anyones interested. I have a copy I'm sure he wouldn't mind me sharing.

Jamie.
                      My Collection:

Comment

Congrats on your new aquisitions mate

Comment

Originally posted by LanceHutchings View Post
                          Congrats on your new aquisitions mate
                          Thanks Lance, there settling in nicely!

Trying to upload pics but having problems. I'll keep trying.

My Collection:

Comment

minatrix are amazing mate, well done getting some

i'm rather partial to laeta as well...another you don't see often.
                            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
                              minatrix are amazing mate, well done getting some

i'm rather partial to laeta as well...another you don't see often.
                              Cheers mate, they are everything I expected and more!

Does anyone have any care guides for these? I am keeping them a little drier than my A.Versi's, but thats all the advice I can find.

I can't upload any pics for some reason.

Jamie.
                              My Collection:

Comment

Working...
                              X