No announcement yet.

communal questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unfortunatly, over the last couple of days i have noticed fewer and fewer ts in the terrarium. i belive that there is only one remaining.
    my tarantulas
    001 A. seemani 010 A. avicularia 001 B. auratum 001 B. smithi 001 C. bechaunicus 100 C. huahini 001 C. cyaneopubescens 001 C. crawshayi 002 E. murinus 112 G. rosea 010 H. albostriatum 010 H. lividum 001 H. maculata 001 L. violaceopes 001 L. parahybana 100 N. chromatus 010 P. cancerides 001 P. fasciata 010 P. rufilata 001 P. striata 001 P. cambridgei 010 P. irminia001 P. murinus 001 P. lugardi 001 S. calceata 001 T. violaceus

Comment

sorry to hear mate
      maybe that one in Canada was a fluke...
      might be worth digging them up and, if there are a few, separating them...
      just remember they're speedy
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

separating is the next step. i know these are fast. one escaped during the transfer. it was harder to catch than my H. lividum! i think i may have another go in a while with more hides and less room.
        my tarantulas
        001 A. seemani 010 A. avicularia 001 B. auratum 001 B. smithi 001 C. bechaunicus 100 C. huahini 001 C. cyaneopubescens 001 C. crawshayi 002 E. murinus 112 G. rosea 010 H. albostriatum 010 H. lividum 001 H. maculata 001 L. violaceopes 001 L. parahybana 100 N. chromatus 010 P. cancerides 001 P. fasciata 010 P. rufilata 001 P. striata 001 P. cambridgei 010 P. irminia001 P. murinus 001 P. lugardi 001 S. calceata 001 T. violaceus

Comment

if you can put the whole enclosure in a bathtub (put the plug in!) you can transfer them with less fear of escape as they find it hard to climb that kind of surface.
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

i would have never have thought of that! i have used a glass aquarium in the past, but they have never had a problem shooting up the side. i think i will give it a shot. ill just have to remind myself to put in the plug, as i often forget the little things.
            my tarantulas

Comment

I must remember to tell them, they're not supposed to be able to climb up the bath!

The bathroom merely gives you a less cluttered area to work in. I don't think its stopped any of my spiders climbing (Poecilotheria, Avicularia, Pterinochilus etc).
              However, I use a little initiative if I want to restrict movement, especially when rehousing something I don't care to "engage". Place the old tub and new tub on a solid object and fill the bath with about an inch or 2 of water, unless they can part the waves it does tend to restrict their "escapes"

btw James, about time we met up again, perhaps with a few other for a London meet.
              My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

oh yeah it definitely doesn't stop them, but just gives you a touch of an advantage, and alot more breathing space

funny pics of the murinus and good tip on the inch or so of water!

indeed, we definitely must meet up!
                -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Wow! I didn't kno t's could hNg out together. I am so eased to c this. Those bids are super adorable! Thanx so much for sharing.
                  009 loves spiders!

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen Schmidt View Post
                    Wow! I didn't kno t's could hNg out together.
                    indeed they can. however, i dont suggest you try it if you are not willing to lose a few (as i found out, as this is my first go at it.) but the data in my opinion is worth it, and i will try again in the future.
                    my tarantulas

Comment

You may be interested in this set-up, quite amazing:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKSkjc3JuXA&feature=player_embedded"]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YKSkjc3JuXA&color1=0x234900&color2=0x0&hl=en_US&fe ature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YKSkjc3JuXA&color1=0x234900&color2=0x0&hl=en_US&fe ature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/ame]

Comment

ooooh, I'd almost forgotten about this vid of my A. versicolor, climbing the bath

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuLj7_6c0fQ"]YouTube- Avicularia versicolor[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                        X