Monocentropus lambertoni HOW MUCH???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monocentropus lambertoni HOW MUCH???

Is that a mistake on The Spider Shop Site?
    Out of interest, does anybody know what the highest price is that was ever paid for a T?

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

no ralf, that is correct, the highest price T i have personally seen was an adult female p.metallica a couple of years ago at a trade show, it was up for £460. i am heavily against over priced Ts, i think there availability in the hobby shouldnt be an excuse for people to make rediculous amounts of profit. oh and by the way, you order will be in the post tomorrow hopefully, i didnt want to send over the weekend as it would end up sitting in a sorting office going cold until it gets delivered
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

think i might see if i can source some slings of this specimen actually and try and get them out at affordable prices
      THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

Originally posted by ralfkonen View Post
        Out of interest, does anybody know what the highest price is that was ever paid for a T?
        I think we should add "plain brown T"...
        Spider Myths | Curious Taxonomy | The World Spider Catalog - Theraphosidae

"We are all taxonomists." -Judith Winston
        "The laws of biology are written in the language of diversity." -Edward Osborne Wilson
        "Principle of Priority - the oldest fool is always right!" -H. Segers & Y. Samyn

Comment

There's not a lot of difference in price between that price and the price offered by the original German importer. So in this case the middleman isn't making a huge amount of profit.

Whilst it is a very expensive brown spider, it is exceptionally rare in the hobby (hence the high price tag. Supply & demand). Some 'insane' people are getting sizeable breeding groups of this species, so with luck more affordable captive bred spiderlings will be produced in the future...

My question is why are rare African tarantulas always more expensive that those from other regions. It's a conspiracy - I'm sure of it!!

Cheers,
          Richard

Comment

The highest for me was a couple of years ago at the BTS expo...it was a AF "black" P Metallica and was up for £500 i think.

And yes Richard...its a conspiracy solely against African Theraphosid Taxonomists
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

The highest price I've ever seen a spider was £400 for a P. mellatica. As for pricing yes they have gone up in general over the past couple of years, I'll keep my opinions on that one to myself:@. Oh and Richard, of course its a conspiracy against African Theraphosid Taxonomists!
              SAVE THE AFRICAN SPID STUDYER!!
              sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Hi Richard,

Originally posted by Richard Gallon View Post

Whilst it is a very expensive brown spider, it is exceptionally rare in the hobby (hence the high price tag. Supply & demand).
                not that rare as most believe, if it is true what I was told. They are just offered in smaller numbers to resellers – I guess to get higher prices.

Cheers,
                Martin
                »ARACHNE« – The Journal of the German Arachnology Society

Comment

looking at that T (which is far from just a "brown spider")...if i had the dosh, i'd want it. it's an absolutely gorgeous T.
                  Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                  -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
                    The highest for me was a couple of years ago at the BTS expo...it was a AF "black" P Metallica and was up for £500 i think.

And yes Richard...its a conspiracy solely against African Theraphosid Taxonomists
                    Ooh. I remember that one. Just looked like a very old normal to me.
                    Tarantulas-UK Discussion Forums

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
                      looking at that T (which is far from just a "brown spider")...if i had the dosh, i'd want it. it's an absolutely gorgeous T.
                      Me too James
                      spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

my local pet shop has just had a pricelist sent in from america which has Monocentropus lambertoni sub adult and adult specimines for 169 dollars each, seems they are less hard to come by in america.

Its still more than i'd like to pay personally, might consider it for M.balfori though.
                        Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne balcombe View Post
                          my local pet shop has just had a pricelist sent in from america which has Monocentropus lambertoni sub adult and adult specimines for 169 dollars each, seems they are less hard to come by in america.

Its still more than i'd like to pay personally, might consider it for M.balfori though.
                          Sounds a bit suss to me, considering the severe lack of even balfouri over there, and the prices that are charged for relatively common species.
                          Tarantulas-UK Discussion Forums

Comment

Working...
                          X