hiding and long time molting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hiding and long time molting

hi everyone i need some advise please. first of all i have a brazilopelma colloratvillosum that i've hardly seen since getting her 7 months ago she spends all day and i think all night down the back of her hide not even her water is disturbed not ever. the only time i do see her is when i pull the tank out so i can see behind the hide. she is alive but like i say she never ever comes out is there a reason for this. i also have a chilli rosa that i got in november 2008 the problem is it's been over a year and she hasn't molted yet and there's no signs of it happening as she's just starting to eat again after five months of fasting. could this be a sign that she.s a senior citizen.

A hiding spider is a happy one,i have a few the same what never come out,if when u feed them-u push the prey into the burrow for the spid to eat-there's no need for spid to come out to look for food. I've noticed that when a few of mine are hungry they'll wander about looking for food.
    As for the chile rose,they are known for there fasting,but could be a sign of old age like u say.
    If these words he speaks are true,we're all humanary stew, if we dont pledge allegiance to
    the black widow.nahnahnahnahnah nah nah

Comment

hi vincent, firstly brazilopelma collorativilosum is actually nhandu collorativilosum. My one of these likes to hide alot, goes round the tank like a mad woman though when there is food to be caught, then munches and returns to her hide. as for the g.rosea, fasting for up to 6 months at a time is normal, as for not showing any signs of moulting, with a large time frame between moults can be a sign of an older T, when they reach a certain age they can moult up to a couple of years apart, simply because they moult to grow and they dont need to grow any more. hope this helps
      THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

hiya vincent

my rosie is the same, i dont remeber the last time she ate, it was a long
        while ago but i know she will when she's ready. i just keep trying.

and i have loads of spids that i never see, only on rehousing.
        once food keeps vanishing i know they are ok. lol.
        'A Woman's Prayer:
        Dear Lord, I pray for: Wisdom, To understand a man , to Love and to forgive him , and for patience, For his moods. Because Lord, if I pray for Strength I'll just beat him to death'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning thats as good as their going to feel all day.

Comment

hi daniel thank's for getting back to me. it's good to hear that a hiding spider is a happy one and that she's not the only one that hides. and thank's for confirming what i thought about the chilli rose.

Comment

hi mathew i wished my hiding t was like yours and come out once in a while at least i would see her maybe one day she'll venture out hope so anyway. as for the proper name of her i found that out a while ago on a care sheet but thank's for correcting me on this. i thought that age might have something to do with the chilli rose but needed the second opinion. thank's for your help mathew.

Comment

thank's for getting back to me dee. i've had my chilli rose for quite a while now and she does worry me sometimes but i am getting to know her behavior. sometimes she's slow and then she can move like grease lightning or she'll eat then she wont very unpredictable but she's brilliant. as for hiding spiders well i'll just have to hope she has a change of heart and start's showing her self hope so. thank's again dee.

Comment

Working...
              X