Quick question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question...

Hey ladies and gents....another quick question about G. rosea. On a morning I've noticed mine is out of her retreat and sat either near a supplementary heatmat I have on the side of her terrarium or on top of her retreat...is this normal..?

Many thanks
    Cheers

Denny

Re-formed arachnophobic since Dec '09

sounds normal to me!
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I'm quite new to keeping tarantulas myself but I think this is normal. My first T was a Ahponopelma sp. New River; when I first got her (about 4 moths ago) she liked to stick by the small heat pad I have on the back of the tank, especially at colder times e.g. in the night and mornings. Now, however, she seems to have become acustomed to the slightly lower temp - i keep my room around 20-22 degrees C - and I hardly see her near the heat pad at all!

I think, as a rule of thumb, T's will generally sit wherever they feel most comfortable

Comment

can i just say you both have fantastic taste in spiders
        a pair of G rosea juves were my second lot of tarantulas...and Aphonopelma sp "New River" is just gorgeous

i guess i'd just say spiders will move around to warm up, cool down, get a drink, grab some food, etc.
        obviously going closer to the heatmat is an example of the first activity.
        I think, as a rule of thumb, T's will generally sit wherever they feel most comfortable
        ^^ that's the nail hit squarely on the head
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Thanks for the replies...I had an idea it was normal but just needed it clarifying to stop me worrying a little...many thanks...!
          Cheers

Denny

Comment

hehe just wait til she fasts! then you'll be worried i know cause i've been there!
            but again, completely normal, and they eventually regain their appetite!
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
              hehe just wait til she fasts! then you'll be worried i know cause i've been there!
              but again, completely normal, and they eventually regain their appetite!
              I'm prepared for that...! have read on here and other forums that they're phenomenal fasters so that one won't worry me...thanks all the same...
              Cheers

Denny

Comment

good stuff!
                even knowing that, they still worried me sometimes lol
                -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

My G.rosea also has times wen she doesnt eat or seem to move at all for mths i'm sure she does jus never see her.
                  She was the first T i had and has been with me for 17 years now not sure how much longer she will last but she seems healthy enough wen she does eat lol

Aarons Collection:

Comment

Working...
                  X