Question on my t's Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on my t's Behavior

Mexican Red-kneed Tarantula (Brachypelma smithi)
    is a sling and i just put him in a new viv and he has borrowed away.... still eating so im not worried about this one.

Whitebanded Tarantula, (Acanthoscurria geniculata)
    is a juvinille and has constucted a borrow hav not seen her in a month. she has barracade the entrance with web ... not eatin and she is not due a molt

Haitian Brown Tarantula (Phormictopes canceroides)
    is a sling 1-2 inch legspan
    she lives in a coconut but she has got the substrate and blocked the door entily she has not eaten is sevral months... i tryed to take some of the barracade down and she just rebuilt it again the molt was just before she barracaded her self away

Any idears on what there doing?
    all temp and humiderty are correct so i have no idea
    any one else's do this ??

Cheers JIM

how can you be sure your A.geniculata is not due a moult? when was its last moult?

The P.cancerides may also be in pre moult if as you say its last moult was several months ago and it is still only 1-2 inch in legspan.

Seems like standard pre moult behaviour to me.
    Wayne.

Comment

I wouldnt worry too much about this. Tarantulas often do things that we dont want them to do. You can have the most asthetically pleasing set up in the world and they will still do things their way. Maintain the humidity and temperature and things will be fine. tarantulas can go a long time without food.

Ray
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Working...
      X