Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

hi,
    i just got a juvie b.smithi today from thespidershop, it is actualy a sling. ( 1cm ) i think it is dying. it has not moved, i had to pick it out of the tub and put it in the enclosure, it has not moved position. it moved a leg so hopefully can still be saved. what can i do to stop it from dying? plz.
    it may be fine, i have not had a sling before thats why i ordereda juvie, but i got a sling. is it fine? or do i need to do something

Try this link

not sure whether it will work for slings. I’m sure Lee from TSS will sort something out if you contact him about the spider.

Comment

thanx for that link, i have but the little chap in an icu and now just crossing fingers. very helpfull link, thanx

Comment

keep us posted mark, The ICU is a very good tool and you should start seeing results in a short space of time.
        Wayne.

Comment

no improvement yet, legs all still up the air at an odd position for a t, one looks broke. i thinnk i might have lost him.

Comment

what do you mean "the legs are up in the air"? what position is your spider laying in?
            Wayne.

Comment

It's possible it's moulting, but if you ordered and paid for a juvenile, you need to contact them and get what you paid for or at least a credit for the difference. So looks like they are in business then with the public.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne balcombe View Post
                what do you mean "the legs are up in the air"? what position is your spider laying in?
                Originally posted by Mrs Linda Street View Post
                It's possible it's moulting, but if you ordered and paid for a juvenile, you need to contact them and get what you paid for or at least a credit for the difference. So looks like they are in business then with the public.

The reason i asked the above question is you mention the legs up in the air and Linda seems to have picked up the same thing, is or was your spider upside down on its back?
                Wayne.

Comment

its on its stomach, it was when i received it to. when i touched it to get it moving when i first opened it it just raised all the legs up.( its stomach flat to the surface all legs raised of the surface) it has not moved now since about an hour after i opened it( Friday at about 4 ) i am thinking it was trying to moult but got stuck, but their are no signs of moulting, i really cant figure it out, maybe it just got injured on the delivery route. i emailed tss... probably here back Monday.
                  Last edited by Mark Shingleton; 06-02-10, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I read on another forum earlier that someone had received a B Smithi from TSS this morning and the poster didn't think it was right

But on a more serious note if you paid for a Juvenile and received a sling i would contact them and sort that out.
                    Last edited by Oliver Mullins; 06-02-10, 03:34 PM.

Comment

no we lost him/her. i contacted tss and got sent another sling who is doing fine, they are out of stock of the juvies so offered a refund or another t, i chose a juvie velvet mountain beuty ( sorry cant remember the scientific name without looking, Euathlus sp " red " i think ) but they also going to send me a juvie B smithi free of charge when they next in stock so cant complain
                      the new sling is doing fine, not had a moult yet but got a feeling it wont be long... not as nervous about sling care as i was now and got a few on the way. nice and cheap and the spare cricket tubs ive bin hording are finally getting used thanx for all the advise i got, lost the sling but the icu info is good to know and could prove usefull.

Comment

I think the correct name for the Velvet mountain beauty is Euathlus sp. montane or to that effect. Theyre a cracking spider, i bought one from TSS last year at the bts and its been a conversation starter ever since
                        Tarantulas kept:
                        0.0.1 Grammostola Rosea RCF, 0.0.1 Aphonopelma Iodius, 0.0.1 Brachypelma Vagans,0.0.1 Brachypelma Smithi,0.0.1 Brachypelma Auratum,1.0.1 Haplopelma Lividum, 0.0.1 Haplopelma Albostriatum, 0.0.1 Cyclosternum Fasciatum, 1.0.100+ Pterinochilus Murinus, 1.0.1 Citharischius Crawshayi, 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Irmina, 0.0.1 Eurathlus sp. "Montane", 0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia, 0.0.1 Avicularia Metallica, 1.0.0 Poecilitheria Regalis, 0.0.2 Poecilitheria Formosa, 0.0.1 Ceratogyrus Darlingi,0.0.3 Lasidora Parahybana 1.0.0 Hetroscodra Maculata, 0.0.1 Lampropelma Violacepes 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius subcaeruleus 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens 1.0.0 Psalmopeus Pulcher 0.0.1 Theraphosa Apophysis 0.0.1 Psalmopeus Cambridgei 0.0.1 Acanthoscurria Geniculata 1.0.0 Epheobopus Uatuman

Comment

ow aye, thats the one " montane " the " red " is one of the slings.

Comment

Working...
                          X