Fungus!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fungus!!!

Hi there, well I seem to have fungus growing and spreading around the cork bark of my 'Burgundy Goliath's' tank, I am going to change the substrate and cork etc.

Will this fungus cause any lasting damage to my T, and is there any suggestions on how to eradicate this for the good.

Hope to here your suggestions.

Thanks, Andrew....

best solution to fungus is woodlice!
    do a search on the forum for woodlice, you'll find lots of posts.

i don't think most species of fungus are anything worse than minging, to be honest, but some species may be virulent.
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Dry your substrate out and increase the ventilation that should reduce fungal growth. I certainly wouldnt replace all your substrate, as James says get yourself some woodlice and springtails in there. However, if you do decide to renew the substrate make sure you have long sleeves and gloves, the irritating hairs will be all over the substrate.
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

I agree, no need to replace the substrate! I have found fungus growth in fairly recently set up tanks on occasion, but it has never done any harm to any of my spiders and soon settles down and goes away if you introduce woodlice and allow it to dry out more, as suggested.

Comment

I would take the bark out and give it a good scrubbing in hot water, then let it dry out slowly, this has always worked for me, and as everyone suggests, a bit more ventilation in the tank.

Comment

Working...
          X