Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growth Rates

Hi Folks,

I have kept a Grammostola sold to me as a `Concepcion` for about 9 months. It was sold as an unsexed sub adult which the dealer ( under excited pressure from me ) guessed to be about 18 months old. The dealers are very experienced and reliable but I wonder if the T. `should` have moulted by now ? My dealer felt instictively that the T was a female and I am not really worried either way but I wonder does the fact it hasn`t moulted point to it being more likely or less likely to be female? It is very healthy looking and moves about the tank freely but has not eaten for about 3 months now! I know that this is not unusual at all in this species so I am not bothered about this at this stage either. So my question is this : should I expect it to moult soon and does it`s lack of moulting indicate it`s sex at all ?

Thanks for your patience.

First of all welcome to the forum Robert,

Grammies are notorious for doing everything slow so as you say there's no real need to worry.

the facts are... more than a year in between moults is not uncommon, not feeding for three (four, five) months before a moult is pretty much run of the mill for some individuals, i've not really round length of time between moults an indication of gender (temp, humidity, food availability etc play a huge part in moulting periods)
    As far as sexing, then examining an exuvium is really the most accurate way (with experience you can have a 90% rough guesstimate on sex but as allways that last 10% catches the best out sometimes)
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thanks very much for the response and although it`s much as I thought it`s nice to hear it confirmed by someone with much more experience so thanks again.

Rob

Comment

Working...
      X