Breeding C. Marshalli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeding C. Marshalli

Does anyone have any firsthand experience on breeding this species? I have a pair, which are currently about 3-4 inches leg span and would eventually like to breed them when they mature
    I've looked all over the internet to find nothing, only an article about breeding C. Darlingi, I may be wrong in assuming it would be similar?
    Any help is appreciated

as far as i'm aware the conditioning and breeding for marshalli is much the same as darlingi, the only problem you may have is if they are the same size at the moment the male may mature a while befor the female is ready to mate.

I have a sub adult female marshalli and i'd be quite interested in a breeding project with her at some point.

Not seen many of these around for a while so it seems they have become a little thin on the ground, as such it would be good for a few people to start breeding them.
    Wayne.

Comment

awesome, ill dig around for more information on that
      I had thought about the maturing thing, when the other moults I will try sexing it, one looks female but the exuvium was pretty destroyed
      Do you know of anyone that's bred this species?
      Last edited by Rico Golledge; 21-02-10, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Mark Davies gave me a couple of his C. marshalli slings last year. Not sure if he is on this forum, but he def is on the tarantulastore one. Very nice chap.

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Just been reminded how i kept my C.marshalli when i bred them last year, i mated them in october 2008, and cooled them to somewhere between 15-20degrees for 3 months, during this time minimise spraying to keep the substrate relativly dry, then during january (09) i slowly bumped the temperatures to 30 degrees and sprayed one corner of the tub heavily, i think both egg sacs from the two females where laid in february.
          depending on when yours mature if you follow this pattern you should have some good results.

I must thanks Patrick Guildenhuys for this as he gave me the information in the first place

Comment

Working...
          X